Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2022, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
K3 iii button lock

A nice feature of the k3 iii is that it has a button lock which can be activated with a simple "press & hold -> rotate rear E-Dial -> release." This helps prevent accidental changes to other settings, particularly exposure settings. However, I noticed when the lock was engaged when on one User setting (U5) it carried over and continued to be engaged when I switched to other user settings (U1-U4). It took me a little while to figure this out. Is this normal behavior?

03-30-2022, 03:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Unfortunately not all settings can be saved independently in a User Mode, some settings are only applied globally.
The K-3iii is far more flexible in this matter than earlier cameras, but still not "totally" configurable.
This, of course, may change with future firmware updates
03-30-2022, 03:33 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Unfortunately not all settings can be saved independently in a User Mode, some settings are only applied globally.
The K-3iii is far more flexible in this matter than earlier cameras, but still not "totally" configurable.
This, of course, may change with future firmware updates
Thanks kypfer. What you are saying then is that "button lock," once activated in one user mode (U5), carries over into other user modes (i.e. U1-U4)... and this is normal?
03-31-2022, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattieyp3 Quote
Thanks kypfer. What you are saying then is that "button lock," once activated in one user mode (U5), carries over into other user modes (i.e. U1-U4)... and this is normal?
What I said was that this setting appears to be one of those that is applied globally, irrespective of whether you are in a User Mode or not.
However, see p46 of the user manual … "The group of buttons and dials to be disabled can be selected in [Operation Control Lock] of [Fx Button] in the C2 menu. (p.103)"
This "group of buttons" etc. may be configurable per User Mode … you'll need to sit down for a few minutes and try a few options.
Hope you can find a configuration to suit you