Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2022, 11:31 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Status screen off

Apologies if the query is trivial or has been discussed elsewhere. I search the K-3iii discussions without success.

Can the Status Screen be OFF all the time on the K-3iii?

In particular, when using the OVF, can we switch off completely the back screen?

Thank you in advance for the advice.

04-16-2022, 01:02 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Apologies if the query is trivial or has been discussed elsewhere. I search the K-3iii discussions without success.
Can the Status Screen be OFF all the time on the K-3iii?
In particular, when using the OVF, can we switch off completely the back screen?
Thank you in advance for the advice.
No problem … just press the Info button a sufficient number of times to deactivate the screen, then press it once for Control Panel or twice for the Status screen … press once more for off
You may also need to de-activate the Eye Sensor, Menu C4 - Eye Sensor -set to Off, Off and Low.
I work like this with all my Pentax DSLRs … saves battery
04-16-2022, 04:05 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
No problem … just press the Info button a sufficient number of times to deactivate the screen, then press it once for Control Panel or twice for the Status screen … press once more for off
You may also need to de-activate the Eye Sensor, Menu C4 - Eye Sensor -set to Off, Off and Low.
I work like this with all my Pentax DSLRs … saves battery
Thanks Kypfer, very helpful.
The Info button has to pressed everytime you restart the camera, for the status screen to disappear.

On my K-7 and K-3, there is an option to have the status screen off all the times, without pressing the Info button. I wonder if anyone would know how to switch off all times the Status Screen.
04-16-2022, 04:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Thanks Kypfer, very helpful.
The Info button has to pressed everytime you restart the camera, for the status screen to disappear.
On my K-7 and K-3, there is an option to have the status screen off all the times, without pressing the Info button. I wonder if anyone would know how to switch off all times the Status Screen.

Not on my camera … the status screen remains in the same state as it was when the camera was switched off, unless I'm in a User Mode, in which case the camera comes on in the state it was in when the User Mode was saved.
See Menu C5 Memory for "Shooting Info Display" … there had to be a setting somewhere