Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2022, 11:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rlmartindale Quote
...just get your WB correct! you can't change that on JPEGs....
You can, easily, if you use the Pentax-supplied Digital Camera Utility it's on the White Balance tab !!
Working with a JPG may not be as "perfect" as working from a RAW, but it certainly works well!
As the program "knows" what white balance adjustments the camera applied at exposure time, negating these settings is easy and applying alternative settings is almost as quick

10-28-2022, 11:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
You can, easily, if you use the Pentax-supplied Digital Camera Utility it's on the White Balance tab !!
Working with a JPG may not be as "perfect" as working from a RAW, but it certainly works well!
As the program "knows" what white balance adjustments the camera applied at exposure time, negating these settings is easy and applying alternative settings is almost as quick
ah yes....DCU....can it do a batch change of 30 images.....like many focus stacks will be....?
10-28-2022, 11:43 PM   #18
Pentaxian

ah yes....DCU....can it do a batch change of 30 images.....like many focus stacks will be....?
I don't know you'd need to read the instructions there is a "[Process Multiple Files]" option on the menu the program can do a lot of stuff I've never felt the need for
10-29-2022, 12:57 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
I don't know you'd need to read the instructions there is a "[Process Multiple Files]" option on the menu the program can do a lot of stuff I've never felt the need for
No joy....the multiple file processing is more about conversion, etc...you can't adjust multiple files for WB, color, etc....that i can see...

......WB carefully and it won't matter....

11-02-2022, 11:29 PM - 3 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another stack....

....this one is about 15 images...K3III 20-40mm at about 30mm....this is a manual focus series choosing various elements to be sure they are in focus...the tophat, for example....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
11-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

....this one is about 15 images...K3III 20-40mm at about 30mm....this is a manual focus series choosing various elements to be sure they are in focus...the tophat, for example....
Nice job on the photo and the biplane!

p.s. Is that the Sacajawea dollar coin?
11-05-2022, 06:20 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
Nice job on the photo and the biplane!

p.s. Is that the Sacajawea dollar coin?
Thank you...the plane was fun and shooting with the 20-40mm was easy, even up close.

Yes, that is Sacajawea....

12-01-2022, 04:17 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Focus stacking software examples....

GO HERE....Focus Stacking Tips? - PentaxForums.com

THREE DIFFERENT SOFTWARES AND A CLEAR WINNER, IMHO.....