Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2022, 11:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey C.I.
Posts: 2,525
QuoteOriginally posted by rlmartindale Quote
...just get your WB correct! you can't change that on JPEGs....
You can, easily, if you use the Pentax-supplied Digital Camera Utility it's on the White Balance tab !!
Working with a JPG may not be as "perfect" as working from a RAW, but it certainly works well!
As the program "knows" what white balance adjustments the camera applied at exposure time, negating these settings is easy and applying alternative settings is almost as quick

10-28-2022, 11:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 170
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
You can, easily, if you use the Pentax-supplied Digital Camera Utility it's on the White Balance tab !!
Working with a JPG may not be as "perfect" as working from a RAW, but it certainly works well!
As the program "knows" what white balance adjustments the camera applied at exposure time, negating these settings is easy and applying alternative settings is almost as quick
ah yes....DCU....can it do a batch change of 30 images.....like many focus stacks will be....?
10-28-2022, 11:43 PM   #18
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey C.I.
Posts: 2,525
QuoteOriginally posted by rlmartindale Quote
ah yes....DCU....can it do a batch change of 30 images.....like many focus stacks will be....?
I don't know you'd need to read the instructions there is a "[Process Multiple Files]" option on the menu the program can do a lot of stuff I've never felt the need for
10-29-2022, 12:57 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 170
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
I don't know you'd need to read the instructions there is a "[Process Multiple Files]" option on the menu the program can do a lot of stuff I've never felt the need for
No joy....the multiple file processing is more about conversion, etc...you can't adjust multiple files for WB, color, etc....that i can see...

......WB carefully and it won't matter....

11-02-2022, 11:29 PM - 3 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 170
Original Poster
Another stack....

....this one is about 15 images...K3III 20-40mm at about 30mm....this is a manual focus series choosing various elements to be sure they are in focus...the tophat, for example....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
11-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 336
QuoteOriginally posted by rlmartindale Quote
....this one is about 15 images...K3III 20-40mm at about 30mm....this is a manual focus series choosing various elements to be sure they are in focus...the tophat, for example....
Nice job on the photo and the biplane!

p.s. Is that the Sacajawea dollar coin?
11-05-2022, 06:20 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 170
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
Nice job on the photo and the biplane!

p.s. Is that the Sacajawea dollar coin?
Thank you...the plane was fun and shooting with the 20-40mm was easy, even up close.

Yes, that is Sacajawea....

12-01-2022, 04:17 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 170
Original Poster
Focus stacking software examples....

GO HERE....Focus Stacking Tips? - PentaxForums.com

THREE DIFFERENT SOFTWARES AND A CLEAR WINNER, IMHO.....
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps-c, commander, commander for pentax, dslr, focus, k-3 iii, k-3 mark 3, pentax, wi-fi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wi-fi and bluetooth Pedro Azevedo Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 08-03-2022 11:08 PM
Is this too good be true? Pentax K-1 Mark II Full Frame Wi-Fi 4K HD DSLR Camera & FA voles Pentax Price Watch 18 08-09-2018 05:39 AM
Pentax usage with Eye-Fi cards Caroline1380 Pentax K-5 & K-5 II 16 07-29-2012 11:58 PM
eye-fi / droid wi-fi question layfsphoto Pentax DSLR Discussion 1 06-09-2010 09:49 AM
Eye-Fi - instant Wi-Fi capabilities for your Pentax nosnoop Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 10-31-2007 01:16 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top