Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
OK, It's officially Autumn - where's the next firmware update?

Ricoh released FW version 1.50 on 23 June, two days after the 1st day of summer, with the promise of releasing seasonal firmware updates with exclusive Custom Image settings. Should we be expecting a new firmware release tomorrow then?

I'm being cheeky, since I really wish they would just fix some of the basic things. In particular, the User Mode names not being displayed when selected from Mode dial.

Last edited by cdw2000; 09-23-2022 at 06:56 AM. Reason: added "when selected from Mode dial"
09-22-2022, 02:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cdw2000 Quote
Ricoh released FW version 1.50 on 23 June, two days after the 1st day of summer, with the promise of releasing seasonal firmware updates with exclusive Custom Image settings. Should we be expecting a new firmware release tomorrow then?
I was wondering about that as well
Thought perhaps the 'KATEN' Custom Image might then make it into "general circulation" and/or be incorporated into the Digital Camera Utility much like it's 'SATOBI' predecessor, rather than reserving it just for those with budget enough to afford one or other of the specific lenses.
I wonder if anyone actually felt the need to go out and buy one of the designated lenses just so they could use the 'KATEN' Custom Image?

I'll agree with the concept of "fixing the basic things", though I'm happy with the Control Panel workaround for the User Mode names, rather than using the Mode Dial, but I do miss some of the Digital Filter effects that were featured on the earlier cameras but are missing on the K-3iii
09-22-2022, 09:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Falls colors appear mid November in Kyoto, Japan, still a couple month left to introduce the autumn color profile that I will never use anyway. So far as I understood from JPT, Ricoh Imaging is under some significant reorganization, pulling GR and PENTAX apart, charge of leadership etc. (classic corporate things) and this won't come without shattering projects, firmware projects, lens projects, camera projects, everything. Every time companies reorganize they lose time, and time lost in reorganizing is time not spent on product development.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-22-2022 at 10:09 PM.
09-22-2022, 10:12 PM   #4
Forum Member

"In particular, the User Mode names not being displayed when selected."

!!!

Please, please, Pentax!

Thank you, for mentioning it again.

09-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Falls colors appear mid November in Kyoto, Japan, still a couple month left to introduce the autumn color profile that I will never use anyway. So far as I understood from JPT, Ricoh Imaging is under some significant reorganization, pulling GR and PENTAX apart, charge of leadership etc. (classic corporate things) and this won't come without shattering projects, firmware projects, lens projects, camera projects, everything. Every time companies reorganize they lose time, and time lost in reorganizing is time not spent on product development.
I’ve only noticed a recent change to the European internet marketing. Did I miss something more general, aside from the reorganisation a couple of years ago?