09-22-2022, 06:21 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
LeeHaze lists his silver K3/3

Its on eBay now and auction starts at 1099 U$

HappyBidding.

09-22-2022, 10:27 PM   #2
Forum Member

I had to find the name with Google... but only with adding "Pentax"... should I worry about, for not knowing all Pentax-celebrity....?

Maybe he sells it because he is not convinced, that the K3 III is good enough... or he ordered the fully black one to create a new YT video about the experience with it :-)

Last edited by licht96; 09-22-2022 at 10:36 PM.
09-22-2022, 11:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does this really warrant a thread? Best of luck to the seller and all that, but it’s hardly a rarity item.
09-23-2022, 12:16 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was puzzled about who this is, so I looked to see. He's a photographer and used camera seller who has nearly 500 items listed on 'that auction site.'

Other than that, he appears to make videos walking around in his basement?
Well, anyway, that's where he made the video about selling the K-3iii --- why?

"It's the best APSC camera out there, but" (doesn't use high frame rate, doesn't need improved AF, doesn't use touch screen)

"too much camera for me"
"too heavy, tendonitis"
"misses the flippy screen"
"features in it I don't need"

Selling K1, K3iii, lenses, buying a K-70 and a couple lenses.
That sums up the
, in case you want to cut to the chase.

09-23-2022, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Selling K1, K3iii, lenses, buying a K-70 and a couple lenses.
That sums up the over 6 minutes of YouTube, in case you want to cut to the chase.
Thanks for the resume … I don't usually use YouTube simply because of the wordy garbage that starts, ends and interlaces so many of the postings there!
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a video is often a waste of bandwidth
09-23-2022, 12:30 AM - 1 Like   #6
Unregistered User

“Lee Haze Sells Camera”
It’s the end of Pentax as we know it.
09-23-2022, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by craigr Quote
“lee haze sells camera”
it’s the end of pentax as we know it.
Pentax is Doomed!

09-23-2022, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #8
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Pentax is Doomed!
Again!
09-23-2022, 04:09 AM - 2 Likes   #9
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by licht96 Quote
I had to find the name with Google... but only with adding "Pentax"... should I worry about, for not knowing all Pentax-celebrity....?

Maybe he sells it because he is not convinced, that the K3 III is good enough... or he ordered the fully black one to create a new YT video about the experience with it :-)

I had to search for the name also - I had no idea who he was before this thread....

I must have guessed wrong, as there appears to be another person with this name who is a musician... and that is who I thought was selling off a camera....

should we create a entire separate forum for semi-famous people selling various things online?

I once bought a distributor rebuilt by a semi-famous person and I had him sign the item before he sent it to me... now, there's a story....

(:
09-23-2022, 04:24 AM   #10
Unregistered User

I’m expecting the bidding on this “DSLR pre-owned by a semi-famous (within a very small community) YTber” to break the internet.
09-23-2022, 04:55 AM - 6 Likes   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

An odd thread to start. :/

The intent of starting this one seems to be a try at spinning a negative point, but Sony user sells his Sony A7r IV because he doesn't need the high pixel count, or Canon fan sells his Canon R3 or R5 because he paid for too many features he doesn't use, or Fuji fan sells his GFX50 because it's way more camera than he needs would be equally silly discussions to dedicate a thread to. Plenty of each of those cameras can be found used, so not everyone was bowled over by 'em.

Lee says he doesn't need the high-end features and speed of the K3III and will get a K70. Makes sense. No good reason paying extra for features he doesn't have any need for when his type of photography can be addressed by a lesser camera from Pentax which is his plan.

Last edited by gatorguy; 09-23-2022 at 05:20 AM.
09-23-2022, 05:58 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
An odd thread to start. :/

The intent of starting this one seems to be a try at spinning a negative point, but Sony user sells his Sony A7r IV because he doesn't need the high pixel count, or Canon fan sells his Canon R3 or R5 because he paid for too many features he doesn't use, or Fuji fan sells his GFX50 because it's way more camera than he needs would be equally silly discussions to dedicate a thread to. Plenty of each of those cameras can be found used, so not everyone was bowled over by 'em.

Lee says he doesn't need the high-end features and speed of the K3III and will get a K70. Makes sense. No good reason paying extra for features he doesn't have any need for when his type of photography can be addressed by a lesser camera from Pentax which is his plan.
I got that same thought last night when first seeing the original post and the poster. The OP is a mirrorless Fan Boy so it was posted to denigrate the Mk III plain and simple plus the post had no business being in the Mk III sub forum it needed to be in the Cameras for sale sub forum with other "for sale" announcements.
09-23-2022, 06:20 AM   #13
Unregistered User

Regarding his getting a K70 - I thought he already had one? I only know about Mr Haze because before I took the leap into Pentax I looked on YT and kept seeing his videos.
09-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CraigR Quote
Regarding his getting a K70 - I thought he already had one? I only know about Mr Haze because before I took the leap into Pentax I looked on YT and kept seeing his videos.
I thought I recalled he did too, but the video is unclear whether he has one already or will buy one.
09-23-2022, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wow . i read some harsh comments here . Lee is a great and honest person .at least someone doing something for Pentax community . they are only a few Pentaxians on YT. if he decided to sell or buy any lenses or cameras - that his decision.
Closed Thread