Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2022, 07:59 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
GAS - gear acquisition syndrome is a harsh mistress. No more need saying.

10-04-2022, 08:58 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I understand you issue. I had purchased the Pentax 400mm to go with my K10 which I truly love. Yes, I am talking about both. Especially the results I get from the K10. However, I still have LBA and am lusting for the Pentax 1.4 converter and another "walk about lens" to replace the two kit lens I have.
10-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Sorry to hear that the KP's focusing is giving you trouble. I never had any problem with the focusing abilities of the KP, I had that problem with the K-3 Mark II, but I could get over it. I prefer the KP over my K-3 Mark II. But all the Pentax's I have demand very good lighting. The only camera that is a bit more flexible in that respect is the K-01.
I agree, never had any issues with my KP's focus whatsoever-although I use manual focus more than I use AF but when I have used AF with a wide variety of lenses of numerous makes there have been zero issues. Just took the camera to the mountains in Switzerland, and the results are absolutely superb. So I'm not going anywhere from my KP....
10-04-2022, 02:03 PM   #19

Congrats on your new one! Had to stop using my K-10 because the WP seals were giving out. Still getting used to the K-3 III.

10-04-2022, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My K70 and KP suit me just fine. Much of my photography is macro and astro. I would consider a K3 iii only if it had a tilt or flippy screen.
10-05-2022, 12:22 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Terry C Quote
I would consider a K3 iii only if it had a tilt or flippy screen.
Popcorn done - countdown 3, 2, 1....

10-05-2022, 12:32 AM   #22
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Stefan Jr Quote

10-05-2022, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Last year I said to myself: This KP is the last Pentax-branded camera I buy. But look at me now I just received a brandnew K-3 Mark III kit. The one of which I said "I am never gonna buy that one". Why, oh why? Well I noticed there is something going on with Ricoh/Pentax and I noticed that webshops just have a limited number of Pentax's in store and the kits are on sale to make room and are at the moment cheaper than the body only. The kit is the K-3 Mark III with the fabulous 18-135 lens. But not only this camera was on sale. So I bought myself the 31mm Ltd as well, that one arrived yesterday and I took it out and it is, well, a lens you have to get used to. It is a silver one and my new Mark III is a silver one as well, so it stands out to my K-3 II and KP.
The kit is now accumulating to room temperature and in a few hours I think I'll take it our for a stroll.

The second image is of a Katie feeling at home with her new friend...
Nice! Congrats! Early Christmas has come to your household!
10-05-2022, 02:42 AM   #24
Lev
Pentaxian

Beauties!! Congrats!!
10-05-2022, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #25

Last year I said to myself: This KP is the last Pentax-branded camera I buy. But look at me now I just received a brandnew K-3 Mark III kit. The one of which I said "I am never gonna buy that one". Why, oh why? Well I noticed there is something going on with Ricoh/Pentax and I noticed that webshops just have a limited number of Pentax's in store and the kits are on sale to make room and are at the moment cheaper than the body only. The kit is the K-3 Mark III with the fabulous 18-135 lens. But not only this camera was on sale. So I bought myself the 31mm Ltd as well, that one arrived yesterday and I took it out and it is, well, a lens you have to get used to. It is a silver one and my new Mark III is a silver one as well, so it stands out to my K-3 II and KP.
The kit is now accumulating to room temperature and in a few hours I think I'll take it our for a stroll.

The second image is of a Katie feeling at home with her new friend...
Beautiful, enjoy it!
10-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stefan Jr Quote

It was qualified with the two types of photography that really benefit from that however which I can understand. Until I had such a screen I never missed it. I have modified my views on the k3iii after hearing otherís experiences- but if I shot tons of macro and Astro it would be hard to go back to a fixed screen.
10-06-2022, 05:33 PM   #27

If you hadn't bought a Pentax what would you have bought?
10-06-2022, 06:42 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well done, AfterPentax, they look great!

For $40, you can get the volume for Katie from the well-regarded guidebooks originally written by the late and great Yvonne Bourque!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?ebooks=1&loginrequired=1#sub42
10-15-2022, 01:25 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bolimasa Quote
If you hadn't bought a Pentax what would you have bought?
Olympus
10-15-2022, 06:56 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice! I’m hoping the K3mIV (or whatever comes next) has all the K3miii features and a flip screen like the KP.
I mostly shoot using the viewfinder, but find that I use the flip screen at least once a day (and sometimes more) to shoot either high or low.
I’d love the faster AF and the larger buffer of the newer model, but can’t give up my KP screen