Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2022, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are fine examples. The header sequence at the beginning is an excellent demonstration of what can be done with the K-3iii. Thanks for sharing.

10-24-2022, 03:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by schnur07 Quote
Below is an example of where the first photo was in focus but the next one was not. I'll include some other photos in the next post.
For a few years, I shot high school sports for a local weekly newspaper. Your first shot would is perfect! The publisher wanted the photos to show the athlete's faces, so that they could be recognized. The second shot, other than being out of focus, is not as desirable because one of the players has her face obstructed by the arm of the other player.

p.s. A lot of your other pictures would be published also. Great job!
10-28-2022, 06:38 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Nice photos. Looks like you got up to iso 16000 which is a bit higher than I normally go (I don't shoot sports in bad light). The performance is surprisingly good, particularly for a crop camera.
The other day I was shooting my boys' soccer match at dusk, and at one point I accidentally bumped the shutter speed dial up to 1/2000th. In TAv this drove ISO on the K-3III to 40,000. The picture itself is nothing great, but I'm reasonably impressed by the quality at that ISO, and also with the 55-300PLM at max range. This was processed just with Rawtherapee, no Topaz or similar magic.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo