Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2022, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scottike Quote
I believe I have them set up correctly. In my picture of the Save User Mode setting I thought the U1, U2, etc. on the right side of the screen indicated the User mode was bound to the listed dial position. If that’s not the case then I’m quite confused.
I looked at your images and saw nothing pertaining to the selection RECALL USER MODE SETTING. Go to to the menu selection C1, Recall User Mode Setting and check to see if the boxes have been assigned there. If not then assign each box to the desired USER selection on the mode dial. There are, I think, 10 boxes but only 5 can be assigned at a time.

Last edited by Larrymc; 11-23-2022 at 12:31 PM. Reason: More information
11-23-2022, 07:58 PM   #17
Forum Member

Larry, does this look like what you’d expect? My interpretation is that the Tripod Timer mode is assigned to U2. No title is displayed when turning the mode dial to U2 however.
Attached Images

11-23-2022, 08:17 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Larry, does this look like what you’d expect? My interpretation is that the Tripod Timer mode is assigned to U2. No title is displayed when turning the mode dial to U2 however.
Are the other two showing correctly? Is Tripod Timer saved in a user mode box?
11-23-2022, 08:38 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the camera on push the info button while the mode dial is set to U3 you should see a box on the control panel screen labelled BOX3 if not read Page 13 in the the manual regarding the control panel and also Page 106 on Control Panel Customization. and add the corresponding BOX number to each user mode.

11-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #20
Forum Member

Pushing the info button with the dial on U3 brings up the control panel with BOX3 displayed. When the BOX3 field is highlighted the model title is displayed. Rotating the model dial away from U3 then back again only shows U3 with no title on the status screen. I think I'll just live with it. I don't want to redo all the focus adjustments and other custom buttons by attempting a camera reset. Thanks for your help!
11-27-2022, 08:06 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pushing the info button with the dial on U3 brings up the control panel with BOX3 displayed. When the BOX3 field is highlighted the model title is displayed. Rotating the model dial away from U3 then back again only shows U3 with no title on the status screen. I think I'll just live with it. I don't want to redo all the focus adjustments and other custom buttons by attempting a camera reset. Thanks for your help!
I can understand not wanting to do a camera reset, I really don't think the naming of the User modes are critical for anything but having the satisfaction of seeing the description there on the screen. Just curious, when the info button is pushed and box 3 is highlighted in the control panel what happens when the rear E-dial is rotated? Good Luck.
11-28-2022, 07:23 AM   #22
Forum Member

The rear E-dial changes which BOX is selected and the mode title is updated accordingly.

11-28-2022, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Are the other two showing correctly? Is Tripod Timer saved in a user mode box?

Scottike, I'll try one more suggestion.

The last pic in your post #13 shows Tripod Timer in Box 5, but it is NOT assigned a user mode
Box 1 shows Nettie and is assigned to U1
If you watch the rear screen as you turn the Mode dial from U2,(or 3,4,5) to U1, does 'Nettie Mode' show in the space following U1 for several seconds before disappearing?
If not, I've got nothing...
11-29-2022, 01:25 PM   #24
Forum Member

Unfortunately it doesn’t show a title, even briefly, for any of the U1-U5 modes on the dial. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow!