Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2022, 11:38 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vector Quote
I should add that angle matters here too. If you can get lower down close to the surface of the water you change the distance to background which makes the bird stand out more to the AF system. At the angle of your shots the foreground and background are the water right around the bird and are only inches apart. If your lens is inches above the water then the background becomes the far shore and gets nicely blurred away and while the foreground will still be the water and some waves the bird should stick up above them enough to let the AF pick out the bird.
Nice shots! Someone asked earlier in this thread why I was using LV - I was trying to get lower to the water which is a pain with the fixed screen.

12-06-2022, 03:48 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
Nice shots! Someone asked earlier in this thread why I was using LV - I was trying to get lower to the water which is a pain with the fixed screen.
Highly recommend the "Ref A" right-angle viewfinder!
Bought one new for my *ist film camera, "retired" it whilst using my K-70 and KP, but it's back in the bag again for the K-3iii.
They're still horrendously expensive new, but turn up occasionally s/h for very reasonable prices