Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago - 4 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-3 Mark III (Jet Black Edition)

For a while I thought there was no way that they would be available in the U.S., but ran across one on accident on Ebay the day before yesterday, seller was Adorama camera. That got me to thinking... hmm, BH likely then has one too, and they did. Knowing I can get a tax free purchase there, I gave it 24hours to think through.

Well... after 24 hours...

I went and did it. Got the coolest looking DSLR on the planet (save for my black Nikon Df). There aren't too many unique DSLR's out there, and I've had quite a few of the Pentax Limited Edition cameras in the past, but this one takes the cake by far.

Bought one from BH, no tax, no shipping costs too. Less expensive than my original K-3 Mark III that I sold off before it depreciated in value.

Man this is one fine looking camera.

Attached Images

4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
For a while I thought there was no way that they would be available in the U.S., but ran across one on accident on Ebay the day before yesterday, seller was Adorama camera. That got me to thinking... hmm, BH likely then has one too, and they did. Knowing I can get a tax free purchase there, I gave it 24hours to think through.

Well... after 24 hours...

I went and did it. Got the coolest looking DSLR on the planet (save for my black Nikon Df). There aren't too many unique DSLR's out there, and I've had quite a few of the Pentax Limited Edition cameras in the past, but this one takes the cake by far.

Bought one from BH, no tax, no shipping costs too. Less expensive than my original K-3 Mark III that I sold off before it depreciated in value.

Man this is one fine looking camera.
Cool looking camera!! I was wondering if any logo was on the front or back of the body but I can see now that everything is labelled as it should be.
3 Days Ago   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Correct, all of the typical lettering etc. is in dark metallic grey, its still visible. Only 232 made worldwide.

*Edit: I've since read that another small batch were made for U.S. customers, so far I only see Adorama and BHPhoto carrying them. How many extra there are, not sure, but I wouldn't think it could be that many more. Total of 300 perhaps? I guess it depends on how well it sells, Ricoh would be unwise to not take advantage of a popular edition. No camera manufacturer besides Leica has made a blacked out version digital camera like this.

Last edited by Rush2112; 3 Days Ago at 11:13 AM.
3 Days Ago   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mine arrives on Tuesday. Early Christmas. LOL

3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #5
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This would make a great monochrome camera!
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on Your purchase. Enjoy!
3 Days Ago   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Agreed

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
This would make a great monochrome camera!
Ricoh should make a CFA free camera (i.e. Monochrome)!

I wonder what other popular crowdfunding ideas are on the table at Ricoh, I haven't taken the time to research it yet.

2 Days Ago   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Mine arrives on Tuesday. Early Christmas. LOL
Rather Black Friday than Xmas if it arrived now...
2 Days Ago   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wish it arrived today lol, and yeah truly a Black Friday if it were to happen.
12 Hours Ago   #10

I snagged a K-3 III Jet Black from B&H last week. Used. Rated 10. At a pretty significant discount. Got it and shutter count showed only 23 frames. It's definitely "Like New" and a what a beauty! I love how it looks! It's like the Stealth Bomber camera. And the pictures from it with my DA* 300mm are stunning. Very happy camper here.