Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2022, 04:46 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Illuminating top LCD Panel - inconsistency

I have been trying out some test shots with focus in Live View (while playing witht he new XS funcion) and seemed to have come across an issue - any help gratefully received..

When in OVF mode I have succesfully discovered that you can set up an FX Button and I use the Down Button on the 4 way array to turn on the LCD Display (as default). However when I change to Live View or Movie this does not appear to work although I have the same settings.

It would be really helpful to see the settings when in Live View and the illumination really helps me see it clearly (to help with the interpretation of the criptic User (Usr) modes..)

What am I doing wrong?

12-14-2022, 06:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snappyhoffy Quote
I have been trying out some test shots with focus in Live View (while playing witht he new XS funcion) and seemed to have come across an issue - any help gratefully received..

When in OVF mode I have succesfully discovered that you can set up an FX Button and I use the Down Button on the 4 way array to turn on the LCD Display (as default). However when I change to Live View or Movie this does not appear to work although I have the same settings.

It would be really helpful to see the settings when in Live View and the illumination really helps me see it clearly (to help with the interpretation of the criptic User (Usr) modes..)

What am I doing wrong?
If I understand what you're saying, that just won't work since Live view becomes your full display instead of just an info display like it is when using the viewfinder. Maybe pressing info while in Live view and/or movie mode will cycle through the ISO, SS, Aperture info etc. That info is definitely on my Live view and movie mode LCD.
12-14-2022, 08:59 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
If I understand what you're saying, that just won't work since Live view becomes your full display instead of just an info display like it is when using the viewfinder. Maybe pressing info while in Live view and/or movie mode will cycle through the ISO, SS, Aperture info etc. That info is definitely on my Live view and movie mode LCD.
I've just tried this ; I've set my SR button to turn the LCD light on and off. If I turn the light on then turn on to Live View, the light goes out. When I turn Live View off again (at least, straight away) the LCD light comes back on.
12-14-2022, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Robot camera Quote
I've just tried this ; I've set my SR button to turn the LCD light on and off. If I turn the light on then turn on to Live View, the light goes out. When I turn Live View off again (at least, straight away) the LCD light comes back on.
Might be a 'local' phenomonia (I live near Milton Keynes too!!)

---------- Post added 14-12-22 at 04:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
But why not have that as an option, I prefer too keep the Live View screen uncluttered with information..

12-14-2022, 09:41 AM   #5

I seem to recall from earlier discussion (not necessarily of the mark III) that the LCD panel will not light when Live View was active. Probably a power issue.
12-14-2022, 09:50 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I seem to recall from earlier discussion (not necessarily of the mark III) that the LCD panel will not light when Live View was active. Probably a power issue.
Thanks.. a 'Feature' as opposed to a 'Fault'.
12-14-2022, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What am I doing wrong?
I'm not quite seeing a problem here. You have the exact same information displayed on the live view rear screen that is displayed on the LCD if you have the live view screen set up properly. Does your rear screen not show that information? If you're shooting in live view why not get the information from the live view screen???? Go to the C4 menu - Monitor Display - Live View - Shooting Display - Current Display and select either L1 or L2 Customization and you should be able to see all of the Info LCD information on the rear screen any time you are in live view.

12-14-2022, 09:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks.. a 'Feature' as opposed to a 'Fault'.
Actually its called a setting!
01-04-2023, 04:55 PM   #9

I've also found that if I have the red viewfinder light on, most of the info disappears from the top LCD; most disconcerting until I worked out what was happening. That red light is very useful, I've found.