Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-23-2022, 03:06 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image Sync problem

Hello guys,

I have established both BT and WiFi connection between my iPhone 14Pro and K-3 III.

I can see photos from both SD cards (on the iPhone screen).

But when I go in the app to the “Shooting” card in order to operate the camera from the phone, there’s following message: “Camera cannot be operated by application in the current drive mode.”

What am I doing wrong or where’s the problem?

12-23-2022, 03:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Hello guys,

I have established both BT and WiFi connection between my iPhone 14Pro and K-3 III.

I can see photos from both SD cards (on the iPhone screen).

But when I go in the app to the “Shooting” card in order to operate the camera from the phone, there’s following message: “Camera cannot be operated by application in the current drive mode.”

What am I doing wrong or where’s the problem?
Check your settings in the app and those on the camera. Which settings did you use?
12-23-2022, 03:59 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

“Camera cannot be operated by application in the current drive mode.”

There's your clue, change the Drive Mode to Single Frame (top button on the four-way controller) and try it from there … likely you've got Mirror Up or Remote Control or something similar enabled.
The K-3iii allows more features to function with wi-fi than some earlier cameras, but not all combinations are valid.
12-23-2022, 04:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
“Camera cannot be operated by application in the current drive mode.”

There's your clue, change the Drive Mode to Single Frame (top button on the four-way controller) and try it from there … likely you've got Mirror Up or Remote Control or something similar enabled.
The K-3iii allows more features to function with wi-fi than some earlier cameras, but not all combinations are valid.
OK, that was it. Seems like continuos shooting caused the issue. Thanks.

12-24-2022, 02:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
OK, that was it. Seems like continuos shooting caused the issue. Thanks.
WiFiCommander Wifi Commander for Pentax - wireless remote control for your Pentax camera may give you a wider range of options, albeit using a Windows pc.
I "played" a bit in the summer with wifi and seem to remember being able to take continuous shots using my KP ... using the electronic shutter was beneficially quiet
I didn't use the K-3iii 'cos I don't have a mains adaptor to fit and the exercise I was engaged in extended over several hours.
12-30-2022, 03:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
WiFiCommander Wifi Commander for Pentax - wireless remote control for your Pentax camera may give you a wider range of options, albeit using a Windows pc.
I "played" a bit in the summer with wifi and seem to remember being able to take continuous shots using my KP ... using the electronic shutter was beneficially quiet
I didn't use the K-3iii 'cos I don't have a mains adaptor to fit and the exercise I was engaged in extended over several hours.
Nice, thanks! I had no idea this software exists.