Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2023, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pricing on these is really reasonable! Might get one or two so I don't need to move the one I have around.

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
https://sunwayfoto-store.com/collections/universal-l-brackets

These are 1/3 to 1/4 of the price. And the DPL-08 and DPL-09 is made out of one piece of alu.
I have the DPL-09 and have modified it a little bit, Log into Facebook | Facebook

04-04-2023, 08:21 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Loosk fantastic! Thanks!

---------- Post added 04-04-2023 at 11:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
https://sunwayfoto-store.com/collections/universal-l-brackets

These are 1/3 to 1/4 of the price. And the DPL-08 and DPL-09 is made out of one piece of alu.
I have the DPL-09 and have modified it a little bit, Log into Facebook | Facebook
I did get one of these and the problem was it blocked the battery door, not ideal
04-19-2023, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just took delivery of a 3 Legged Thing Ellie Next Universal (not the short one, nor one of the PD versions). Fits my K-3 III very nicely. Battery door is *not* blocked. The only door blocked on the side of the camera is the HDMI/USB door which - for me - is no issue when I'm shooting. For grins I ordered the 'copper' (orange) version.

The 3leggedthing.com website has a sizing tool to help you determine if the base will block the battery door of your camera. That allowed me to confirm that the long version would not block the battery door before I placed my order.

One of the major photo retailers was out of stock of the Ellie, but another had 'em. I also noticed that you can order them directly from the UK if you so wish.

Last edited by wm_brant; 04-19-2023 at 04:17 PM.
04-20-2023, 07:05 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wm_brant Quote
...The only door blocked on the side of the camera is the HDMI/USB door which - for me - is no issue when I'm shooting...
Ok, I just checked the manual for the L plate - RTFM, I know - and they explained that you can move the camera forward or backward on the plate if ports on the side are blocked. I checked, and yup, by moving the plate, I can have *BOTH* the HDMI/USB and the Mic/headphone ports of my K-3 III unblocked. Sorry, my bad.

So... The 3 Legged Thing plate for the K-3 III fits without blocking either the battery access or any side ports.