Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2023, 10:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
lol

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I disagree. Two K3 III are better than one K3 III, but not the best.
The best is to have a K3 III black, a K3 III jet black and a K3 III silver (with matching battery grips and lenses)
Yep see my comment above about getting a third Agreed.

---------- Post added 01-08-2023 at 09:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I’m afraid it won’t stop there! In 2023 there will be a J-Limited 03 model of the K-3, which is restyled to look like a big K-30 and available in White and Blue and maybe black. Not sure when it will be released, but the prototype was shown at an event in December 27.

It will probably be an expensive and tricky import from Japan when it comes, though.
I'm not a fan of the J-Limited series personally (any of them), but I do get they have a following.

A monochrome only K-3 Mark III would tickle my fancy. Perhaps in a medium steel grey flat finish (finish just like the current black model) and black logos would be really nice. That way it doesn't intrude on the looks of the three versions available already.

I'd sell more kit and get it immediately. Maybe I'll do a photoshop mockup of what I mean, and come back and post it later.

01-09-2023, 02:47 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In 2023 there will be a J-Limited 03 model of the K-3, which is restyled to look like a big K-30 and available in White and Blue and maybe black. Not sure when it will be released, but the prototype was shown at an event in December 27 .
Would you happen to have any links to images of what that looks like. I'm trying to imagine a K-3iii that looks like a K-30, but in white or blue. Thanks for any more info you may have (I did search PF, but didn't find anything). Thanks.
01-11-2023, 02:31 AM - 1 Like   #18
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Would you happen to have any links to images of what that looks like. I'm trying to imagine a K-3iii that looks like a K-30, but in white or blue. Thanks for any more info you may have (I did search PF, but didn't find anything). Thanks.
I’m afraid no pictures have been published. Also, at the event no white or blue one was shown, just a black one which didn’t really show the design off well. The designer said verbally that at the moment they are thinking about blue and white, but that is subject to change.

To describe in words, the J-Limited 03 has a long prism cover mounted over the standard K-3 III prism to give it a more prominent overhang, with the Pentax logo slanted slightly down like the K-30. The grip is redesigned to be larger and more contoured. There is no wood on the grip this time. There will be AOCO branding on the camera. It will have the Duratect Mount. There will be a new photographer mode but no word on which photographer. The modifications were described as “light” compared to the 01 model.

Hope that gives you some indication of what is coming, even if I can’t share a picture.
01-11-2023, 06:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I agree. I have a silver one and black one with battery grip. I’d love to post a picture but they are at home and I’m in rehab with a fractured kneecap.
Ouch on the kneecap. I wish you a speedy and proper recovery.

01-15-2023, 09:04 PM - 2 Likes   #20
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Ok. This is not a K-3 III, but a crystal blue version of the K-1 II that was never released. I think you can imagine what the K-3 III J Limited 03 might look like.

01-16-2023, 02:00 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok. This is not a K-3 III, but a crystal blue version of the K-1 II that was never released. I think you can imagine what the K-3 III J Limited 03 might look like.
Interesting! A blue K1 would look amazing. White too. Thanks for the image!
01-16-2023, 07:58 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thing reminds me of a Japanese Boy Racer. Lots of glitz and cosmetic do dads but not one drop of added functionality just like the car in the photo below.

Attached Images

Last edited by Larrymc; 01-16-2023 at 08:13 AM.
01-16-2023, 08:36 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I don't care much for the exterior appereance of my K3 III. All I care for are the results I obtain from it ...
I liked your photos, but please tell the government of the province o Quebec to comply with laws requiring all street signs to be in French and English. .
01-16-2023, 08:38 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
This thing reminds me of a Japanese Boy Racer. Lots of glitz and cosmetic do dads but not one drop of added functionality just like the car in the photo below.
That's a brush hog mover under there.
01-21-2023, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #25

Since there is a jet black Darth Vader edition of K3-III, there must surely be a need for a white storm trooper edition.