Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2023, 07:32 AM   #1

EV bar gone

Hello

Need some help here, on my K3 III, EV bar scale is only visible in M an X mode, is that normal? it is missing on LCD and in the viewfinder in all other modes. Tried three different lenses without success.
I'm shure that it was in AV and TAV mode before, so maybe i pressed som wrong buttons.

Attached Images

06-02-2023, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

The K3 display is different to both my cameras, but does it just hide in the auto modes when exposure compensation is set to zero ?
06-02-2023, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #3

It seems to be normal; my K3iii is the same. But when exposure compensation is set, the scale can be seen. But now it's showing the amount of compensation. That's in all modes except M and X when the scale shows the degree of under or over exposure. Perhaps this is what you were remembering. On B the scale does not appear at all, and in live view it's the same as with the viewfinder.
06-02-2023, 10:04 AM - 4 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In any of the auto modes the EV bar has no function. In M mode it shows the difference between what the meter sees and what settings you have made. In auto there should be no difference as the camera makes the settings to match the meter and obtain a zero deviation.

06-02-2023, 10:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
In any of the auto modes the EV bar has no function. In M mode it shows the difference between what the meter sees and what settings you have made. In auto there should be no difference as the camera makes the settings to match the meter and obtain a zero deviation.
Exactly. Perfectly explained.
06-02-2023, 12:48 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
Ok my memory must have retired. I see the logic in this.
06-04-2023, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will make one correction from what I am seeing.

The EV bar will only show in an auto mode if you have actually applied an EV override.

1) Go to Auto mode or any auto mode
2) The EV bar will not show
3) Press the +/- button
4) The EV bar will show
5) Press the +/- button
6) The EV bar will not show
7) Press the EV button and adjust using the back dial
8) The EV bar will show and have the adjustment applied
9) Press the EV button
10) The EV bar will continue to be visible
11) Press the EV button and adjust using the back dial back to +/- 0
12) Press the EV button