Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2024, 11:37 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Camera Skins

Hello Pentax lovers. One question, I'm looking for skins or silicon protection for my K3 Mark3. something that protects the camera during use so that you avoid damage such as scratches etc. skins seem flexible, but I haven't seen anyone who makes them specifically for that camera. for other brands, they are available in different colors and camoflage etc
mvh Leif Karlsson

04-03-2024, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #2

Scratches are evidence of use, each one unique to the user and should be worn with pride.
04-03-2024, 01:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

To prevent valuable equipment being stolen, use a certain amount of gaffer tape (my preference is green) on areas of the camera / lens / flash / whatever. This gives it that 'street cred' that is so important these days, and moreover reduces its apparent resale value for any light-fingered felons. Can also provide a more secure grip. Unlikely to enhance weather resistance, though.
04-03-2024, 09:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil Martin Quote
Scratches are evidence of use, each one unique to the user and should be worn with pride.
Scratches are also evidence that Pentax used an "environmentally friendly" and very thin coating on the camera bodies. My K-3 Mk 1 bought new back in 2013 with over 10 years of constant use has no visible paint wear like my Mk III does.

04-03-2024, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's funny you mentioned this... Yesterday I was searching all over the Internet for a silicone skin for the K3iii. I have one for my Nikon Z5 and it does a nice job protecting the camera. I had my K3iii in my backpack wrapped in a small towel and I still got rub marks down to the metal on the prism apex.
I did find stick-on skins for the K70 and for lenses, but nothing for the K3iii.

04-04-2024, 08:53 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
It's funny you mentioned this... Yesterday I was searching all over the Internet for a silicone skin for the K3iii. I have one for my Nikon Z5 and it does a nice job protecting the camera. I had my K3iii in my backpack wrapped in a small towel and I still got rub marks down to the metal on the prism apex.
I did find stick-on skins for the K70 and for lenses, but nothing for the K3iii.
same here. only saw stick-on to K70 unfortunately. but for other cameras there were a lot of variations in patterns and colors. I even think I saw something that looked like carbon fiber. for me, it's the most expensive camera I've bought, so you want to be careful about it. it cost 2300 dollars here in Sweden. That's a lot of money for me
04-04-2024, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
I've put skins on my K-1II, and probably from that same vendor since he offers the K-70 too. They are precisely fitted, a good quality print, and laminated. Like you can't find ones for the K3III though. Perhaps messaging the seller to see if there' interest in creating one?

04-05-2024, 01:56 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Leif K Quote
Hello Pentax lovers. One question, I'm looking for skins or silicon protection for my K3 Mark3. something that protects the camera during use so that you avoid damage such as scratches etc. skins seem flexible, but I haven't seen anyone who makes them specifically for that camera. for other brands, they are available in different colors and camoflage etc
mvh Leif Karlsson
I have my K-3iii for almost 3 years now and I normally either carry the camera in a padded small shoulder bag (to fit the camera with lens fitted), or a larger shoulder bag that can accommodate a couple more lenses. I only remove the camera if I intend to take a shot. On this basis, the camera finish has remained in mint condition.
04-06-2024, 03:07 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Robert N Quote
I have my K-3iii for almost 3 years now and I normally either carry the camera in a padded small shoulder bag (to fit the camera with lens fitted), or a larger shoulder bag that can accommodate a couple more lenses. I only remove the camera if I intend to take a shot. On this basis, the camera finish has remained in mint condition.
Also have mine in a shoulder bag or my Vanguard camera backpack. but it's mostly to get to and from where I'm going to shoot. but when I'm on site I have the camera hanging from my Black Rapid shoulder strap or on a tripod. then I can't pick it up or put it in my bag every time if i see a bird or another animal. then you want to be able to take a photo as quickly as possible without fussing with a bag. preferably when you have the 150-450 lens on. what I'm looking for is protection when I'm using the camera not in transit.