Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2021, 04:13 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
About the Vintage forum

Welcome to our newest sub-forum! As requested by many users, the new Vintage Cameras forum will be the place to discuss older cameras and related gear (lenses, accessories, etc.) regardless of brand, including vintage cameras and antiques, with an emphasis on new topics not covered by other forums.

We will not be restricting this forum to any specific criteria for what qualifies a camera or lens as "vintage", so please make that call when deciding where to post. However, given that we already have good coverage of all Pentax film & digital cameras and modern non-Pentax cameras, our recommendation is to use this forum to discuss equipment that:
  • Is not made by Pentax
  • Predates the autofocus era
Enjoy!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Looking forward to interesting discussion. A thanks to Adam for implementing this new forum.
11-06-2021, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
THANK YOU! Looking forward to see great vintage stuff posted and discussed.

Thanks,
Ismael
11-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great news Adam!

11-07-2021, 06:40 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fun!!!
11-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

What a great new addition for the community. This is a forum I'll be reading and posting in often, and I'll be doing my best to contribute interesting stuff whenever I can

@Adam - although this is the "Vintage Camera" forum, can we also discuss vintage non-Pentax lenses and accessories? I'm hoping we can...
11-07-2021, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
What a great new addition for the community. This is a forum I'll be reading and posting in often, and I'll be doing my best to contribute interesting stuff whenever I can

@Adam - although this is the "Vintage Camera" forum, can we also discuss vintage non-Pentax lenses and accessories? I'm hoping we can...
can we also discuss vintage non-Pentax lenses and accessories
Of course!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

can we also discuss vintage non-Pentax lenses and accessories? I'm hoping we can...
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Of course!
Perfect!! This vintage forum is the best news I've had in months, Adam... Thanks again
11-11-2021, 04:23 PM - 3 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a treasure of vintage / classic cameras to show here. Let me start with a Kodak Retinette from 1958. It had a sophisticated shutter, 1 sec to 1/500 along with a high performing 3 element Schneider lens. Two years later, when I bought my first 35mm Retinette 1A, the camera had a simpler different shutter (Pronto) limited to 1/30 1/60 1/125 and 1/250. This latter camera is what I learned on. It had no light meter, and no range finder. Those things had to be judged using the film box suggestions. My early pictures were on Kodachrome 10, a very slow but magnificent film. Sixty years later the slides look as if recently taken, see below of our maid in 1961.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
11-13-2021, 05:19 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Are digital images taken with unorthodox vintage lenses (not just any Takumar) welcome here? I’m thinking of such things as a 1922 Tessar from a 6x9.5 folding plate camera and others.
11-14-2021, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think images from vintage cameras are welcome so long as we have those in reference to and with images of the vintage camera in question.

Here's a nice example: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/211-vintage-cameras-equipment/433743-fra...at-folder.html
11-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I think images from vintage cameras are welcome so long as we have those in reference to and with images of the vintage camera in question.

Here's a nice example: Franka Rolfix medium format folder - PentaxForums.com
If you are referring to my question, thank you! But I was asking about digital images taken with vintage lenses, not of vintage lenses. Something like this, for instance:
Post your K-1 pics with vintage glasses - Page 19 - PentaxForums.com
11-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
If you are referring to my question, thank you! But I was asking about digital images taken with vintage lenses, not of vintage lenses. Something like this, for instance:
Post your K-1 pics with vintage glasses - Page 19 - PentaxForums.com
In that case, I think there are enough other places on the forum to post digital photos taken with a variety of gear. This part of the forum is, in my view, specifically for film cameras older than 25 years.
11-14-2021, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
In that case, I think there are enough other places on the forum to post digital photos taken with a variety of gear. This part of the forum is, in my view, specifically for film cameras older than 25 years.
Thank you for the clarification!
11-29-2021, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I have a treasure of vintage / classic cameras to show here. Let me start with a Kodak Retinette from 1958. It had a sophisticated shutter, 1 sec to 1/500 along with a high performing 3 element Schneider lens. Two years later, when I bought my first 35mm Retinette 1A, the camera had a simpler different shutter (Pronto) limited to 1/30 1/60 1/125 and 1/250. This latter camera is what I learned on. It had no light meter, and no range finder. Those things had to be judged using the film box suggestions. My early pictures were on Kodachrome 10, a very slow but magnificent film. Sixty years later the slides look as if recently taken, see below of our maid in 1961.
[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]
G'day Arnold.
Here's another 10 ASA Kodachrome shot. My wife and first born taken in early 1954. He was one year old and had just taken his first steps that day.
Leica IIIc and standard Elmar 50mm f3.5 lens.
Don.
Attached Images