Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2022, 07:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Beware; many original OM-4 cameras had battery drain issues.
Some used OM-4 bodies for sale are disguised as OM-4 Ti.

Chris
As I understand it, Olympus offered board replacements for the affected cameras back in the day. Apparently Olympus didn't get all the affected cameras!
BTW, the quick check to see if you have the updated board is by putting it on battery check and it will beep/led light for 30 seconds and stop. If it doesn't stop then it's the old board. Both my OM3 and OM4 stops at 30 seconds.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm, body, camera, focus, focus 35mm camera, m42, meter, options, slides, split prism screen, spot, vintage