Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2022, 06:37 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fujica Compact 35

I received this and another camera (see separate thread) in a trade last summer. I was wondering if any of you happen to have/had one, and your thoughts on it.

02-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I've still got some Fujinon lenses from my film days with Fujica SLRs. They're certainly up there with the best of their time.
I'm not familiar with this camera, but would anticipate very acceptable results if you were to put some film through it
02-02-2022, 03:13 PM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I have no information to offer, Sam, but that's a fine example of the camera. Beautiful condition! Out of curiosity, is the selenium-cell metering still working?
02-02-2022, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I have no information to offer, Sam, but that's a fine example of the camera. Beautiful condition! Out of curiosity, is the selenium-cell metering still working?
Here is a pretty clear shot through the viewfinder. In automatic setting there is a black needle that swings through the column on the left. the needle swings as I go from the ceiling light, across the wall, and to the floor....so in a nutshell....I think so, just not sure if it is accurate. I apologize for my lack of correct terminology, I have memory issues due to a medication I am currently on combined with my ADHD. Very frustrating at times when I know I know the words but just cannot retrieve them, hence "the column on the left"..

02-02-2022, 04:38 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Here is a pretty clear shot through the viewfinder. In automatic setting there is a black needle that swings through the column on the left. the needle swings as I go from the ceiling light, across the wall, and to the floor....so in a nutshell....I think so, just not sure if it is accurate. I apologize for my lack of correct terminology, I have memory issues due to a medication I am currently on combined with my ADHD. Very frustrating at times when I know I know the words but just cannot retrieve them, hence "the column on the left"..
That explanation made perfect sense to me, Sam Great to see the selenium cell doing it's job... And my, that viewfinder is super-clean!!
02-02-2022, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Isn't it though. All in all the camera is very clean and everything seems to be in working order. I may replace the seals on the film door before exercising this camera. I need to look for some 12 exposure rolls for testing purposes, I just hate to waste 36 on a camera that still may need something done to it.