Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2022, 09:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Between this and your Konica, you're not having good luck...

-Eric
Right? Nearly an exact quote I spoke to wife an hour or two ago.
Ah well. I've runs of really great luck. Guess I was due.

---------- Post added 04-25-22 at 09:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
I've had my eye on the 58mm 1.4 Topcon lens because it's one of the fastest lenses you can mount on an Exakta...but they've been running $300+ these days and I can justify getting one. It's just a good Japanese lens, no better than a SMC Takumar or a Nikkor 50mm. It's high value is mostly as a collectible, like the early 5.8cm Nikkor, which sells in that price range.
True enough I suppose. Though I will say, I've a had three other super fast 50s over the years and they all definitely have their own thing happening. I've had the K 50 1.2 for many years, but I like the Super Tak 1.4 better. I had the Minolta for a short while and let it go. And I've had the Hexanon 57 1.2 for about 4 years now. I'd keep that Hexie over them all in a heartbeat. (But I'd get to keep the Super Tak cuz it's too small for anyone to notice me pocketing it.) Just something to it. As big as the Minolta but it handles far better to me (another reason I love the Super Tak). It's all preference eh?

I threw this up in another forum not too long ago. Hexanon 57/1.2 on left, SuperTak 50/1.4 on right (7 element). Both are at f2.

So far, even with the haze, I was really liking the Topcor. But likely not enough to keep long as the prices go up.
My Hexanon though I got for an absolutely steal... was due to fugus which cleaned up out of it like it was hardly ever there.

Last edited by Eyewanders; 04-25-2022 at 09:51 PM.
04-26-2022, 09:30 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
At a guess - someone cleaned it internally and didn't do a very good job, leaving gloved finger marks and solvent which has either etched the glass or encouraged the growth of non-typical fungus.
04-26-2022, 11:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
At a guess - someone cleaned it internally and didn't do a very good job, leaving gloved finger marks and solvent which has either etched the glass or encouraged the growth of non-typical fungus.
What Marcus said .

Regards, Jim