Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2022, 09:54 PM   #1

Vintage Cameras - Focus Screen Harvesting & Recycling

I've been tinkering with a D5300 and found that the focus screen from a Mamiya/Sekor 1000DTL works fairly well when cut and adapted to fit into the D5300 - with some caveats. It's accurate if I overshoot and back into focus. This is not ideal but it's workable - I can reliably use my old MF lenses and miss very few shots after some use. Now, this screen is not split prism but its a lot better than stock and it works - which is the bottom line. I've tried several cheap drop in focus screen replacements for the 5K and 7K series Nikons and without exception they were all terrible.

I'm curious if anyone knows of any other older models to harvest screens from and also, what cams they work with?. I'm about to snag a K10D for the purposes of using my M42's with it and I would rather mod than buy a focus screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras focus screen, d5300, focus, screen, vintage