Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2022, 02:03 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Canon P shutter repair?

Since I know that Pentax fans also use other cameras, perhaps the rangefinder fans have some suggestions for me.

I have a Canon P, along with the everready case, the 50mm f1.8, 35mm f1.8, and the 100mm f2. All are in very good to excellent condition. However...the stainless steel shutter is wrinkled, although that has caused no problems; many sources say wrinkles are common and typically cause no problems.
My shutter has begun to "hang" at speeds 1/8 second and slower, freeing up only after some exercise. Can anyone suggest a good source of a CLA for this lovely old warrior?

Many thanks,

George Hazelton
grhazelton43@gmail.com

09-17-2022, 02:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello,

I go to Mike at Phototronic.biz for servicing my non-Pentax cameras.

Thanks,
Ismael

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, canon, canon p shutter, f1.8, fans, shutter, vintage