Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2022, 09:13 PM - 2 Likes   #16

Well that gif is not working... was supposed to be animated.

Attached Images

01-03-2023, 11:34 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You got that nailed!
i'm learning to use the adapter, too many toys too little time
01-03-2023, 05:33 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
You got that nailed!
i'm learning to use the adapter, too many toys too little time
It's not that hard. Aperture at f8 or more (sometimes 5.6 works too). Then in Stereophotomaker, start with auto alignment, then in single image view, select flashing. Put your mouse cursor over the center point of interest of the subject, for example in a portrait, on one of the eyes, and hold shift and press the right or left arrow until that point no longer flips left and right relative to the mouse cursor. Then select the anaglyph type of your choice and save. I prefer Dubois or black and white.
01-03-2023, 08:48 PM   #19
Pentaxian

too cool! thanks for sharing!

02-02-2023, 04:39 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Is anyone aware of a native Mac OS app that does this but does not require an Apple chip?

I've seen the recommended software here, and it runs in a Windows emulation environment (which is fine), but isn't fully functional (which is less fine).

I've also seen phone-based software, but I want to edit and create stereo photos, not just view them, and the tiny screen would be no fun...

-Eric
02-21-2023, 09:39 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I don't but there are a couple of Linux based apps which might work in MacOS
amnog those Stereopteryx runs in java and is universal

not bad, but not as good as SPM

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Is anyone aware of a native Mac OS app that does this but does not require an Apple chip?

I've seen the recommended software here, and it runs in a Windows emulation environment (which is fine), but isn't fully functional (which is less fine).

I've also seen phone-based software, but I want to edit and create stereo photos, not just view them, and the tiny screen would be no fun...

-Eric
04-28-2023, 05:50 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
OK, so I tried Stereo Photomaker on the Mac, running in WINE.
We'll see how it goes...

Here's the first try... from the Kodak Stereo Camera...

And... I don't have glasses to see if it actually works... they'll be here in two days

-Eric

05-03-2023, 11:17 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That looks good!
05-05-2023, 02:47 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Something a little "different"?

Only marketed in Japan, as far as I'm aware, this single-use camera takes 16 'portrait' format 'lenticular process' pictures on 400ASA Kodak Super Gold film.
The use-by date appears to be May '99 … I never did finish the film
05-10-2023, 02:02 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

stereo slide (21) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

stereo slide (16) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

stereo slide (18) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
05-11-2023, 06:04 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
well, well, well
I went to help a neighbor move stuff from his mother in law house as she is moving to assisted living
IN the process a Stereo Realist showed up, and it is now mine!
Seems to be in OK shape even though the metal is pitted
Lets see what I can do
05-14-2023, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Something a little "different"?

Only marketed in Japan, as far as I'm aware, this single-use camera takes 16 'portrait' format 'lenticular process' pictures on 400ASA Kodak Super Gold film.
The use-by date appears to be May '99 … I never did finish the film
There were versions (non-Kodak) in the US too. I used a couple around 1994. The company required that the whole camera be mailed in as it was the disposable type. These were designed to make portrait format zerograph prints which used a lenticular screen in front of the print to give a 3D effect. It took a special printing setup to get these prints so there were only one or two plants in the business which is one reason it never survived. Zerography is still being done today (see link below), but usually a single camera lens slides along a path while the shots are taken and a computer composites the final result which is laminated with the sceen.

Those throw away cameras didn't have the best lens, and used a small section of film for each image so the pics weren't that great, but it did work well for small prints up to about 5x7s. The lenses weren't spaced too far apart so the 3D effect was a bit muted and had that cardboard cutout appearance.

If you still have your camera and can develop the film, you can scan the images from the two outside lenses, and use 3D Photo maker to generate anaglyph images like the previous postings.

Lenticular sheets and rolls for offset, flexo and digital printing DPLenticular3D Products SRL ? DPLenticular

---------- Post added 05-14-2023 at 04:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
OK, so I tried Stereo Photomaker on the Mac, running in WINE.
We'll see how it goes...

Here's the first try... from the Kodak Stereo Camera...

And... I don't have glasses to see if it actually works... they'll be here in two days

-Eric
Four thumbs up!!

Last edited by Bob 256; 05-15-2023 at 09:01 AM.
05-15-2023, 12:44 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Those throw away cameras didn't have the best lens, and used a small section of film for each image so the pics weren't that great, but it did work well for small prints up to about 5x7s. The lenses weren't spaced too far apart so the 3D effect was a bit muted and had that cardboard cutout appearance.
If you still have your camera and can develop the film, you can scan the images and use 3D Photo maker to generate images like the previous postings from the two outside lenses.
Thanks for that
I do indeed still have the camera and originally anticipated using the two outer negatives as you suggest … just never got around to it