Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Banned

TLR diopter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

wondering here, discovered in tiem life photography book, that companies made diopter lens units that fit over the taking and the viewing lens at the same time, and let you do your photo work. Has anyone ever actually run across them?

01-22-2023, 04:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BandeauRouge Quote
wondering here, discovered in tiem life photography book, that companies made diopter lens units that fit over the taking and the viewing lens at the same time, and let you do your photo work. Has anyone ever actually run across them?
Yes. Their fairly common and available. The Rollei Rolleinar lenses are closeup lens pairs in bayonet I (and III). The viewing lens not only simulates close focus but it adjusts for parallax error. Other brands are available also.

01-22-2023, 01:07 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
Yes. Their fairly common and available. The Rollei Rolleinar lenses are closeup lens pairs in bayonet I (and III). The viewing lens not only simulates close focus but it adjusts for parallax error. Other brands are available also.
Can you share a few links? I have a Ricoh Diacord G then i MIGHT want to get some for as i can seem to find the correct type of tripod stand for it..
01-23-2023, 07:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Diacord G has a (Rollei) 30mm Bayonet I type lens attachment...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1416602-REG/nisha_ycu3_yashica_tlr_ba...981& --- This one is out of stock. I didn't notice when I posted it.

Yashica TLR Rolleiflex Rolleicord Rollei Bayonet-1 B30 Close-Up Set +1 +2 +3 +4 | eBay

Camrex +2 Close-Up Lens TLR Bayonet Mount w/ Original Box | eBay

https://gavinlyons.photography/landscape-close-using-close-lens-yashica-mat-124/

Last edited by tonyzoc; 01-23-2023 at 08:00 AM.
01-23-2023, 02:21 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've got the close-up set for the Minolta Autocord. I think it is Bayonet 1 also.
01-24-2023, 10:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BandeauRouge Quote
Can you share a few links? I have a Ricoh Diacord G then i MIGHT want to get some for as i can seem to find the correct type of tripod stand for it..
I have the closeup kit for the RicohFlex, RIKAR supplementary lenses
They should work in the Diacord too

PS Diacord uses Bay1 filters and hoods, so you can get a lot of those for little money
get one for each lens for paralax correction
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 

Last edited by titrisol; 01-24-2023 at 10:21 AM.