Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2023, 09:07 AM   #1
Banned

Pentax Autobellows A questions....

its been in possession for some time, actually had a few moments to actually start getting familiar with it..

is it normal for the tiny little screw holding the camera mounting ring in, to be finicky?

Did pentax or anyone ever make an eyepiece tube that went over the viewfinder?

Last edited by Not a Number; 05-05-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: inappropriate language removed
05-05-2023, 09:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BandeauRouge Quote
is it normal for the tiny little screw holding the camera mounting ring in, to be finicky?
Sounds like you have the wrong screw. The one on mine has a knurled knob head about 3/8-inch in diameter. Let me know if you want me to measure it exactly - it's metric, just not sure if M3 thread size.

QuoteOriginally posted by BandeauRouge Quote
Did pentax or anyone ever make an eyepiece tube that went over the viewfinder?
Do you mean a Refconverter A like this: PENTAX Refconverter A reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Last edited by Not a Number; 05-05-2023 at 06:10 PM. Reason: inappropriate language removed
05-05-2023, 04:45 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
that is along the lines of what i was wondering, I have seen very old olympus and nikon ones that were a straight telescope tube that fit over the eye cup on a spring clip that let it go up and down for normal usage of the view finder..

Being tall sucks... and building a 6 foot tall shooting table for macro is not seeming fun.. but the fact the bellows rail has that screw that comes off for attaching a slide holder, etc means i could bugger up a rod for a flexisble clamp to go on to hold some things.. like a flower.
05-05-2023, 06:27 PM   #4

Look for the Magnifier M or FB, both out of production. The FB might still be available in Japan.

Pentax Magnifier M reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
PENTAX Magnifier FB reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

If you are using a K series or M42 series body you want the Pentax Magnifier:
PENTAX Magnifier reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

05-05-2023, 07:20 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The lens mount screw on my Pentax bellows is indeed an M3x0.25mm 10mm thumbscrew with a tapered tip as ProfessorBuzz mentioned. You can make one out of one of these by clamping the head in a drill and using a Dremel type grinding wheel on the tip while the drill spins the thumbscrew or just go with it the way it is - should work ok. My thumbscrew engages the lens adapter really well and is solid. Maybe some wear in the threads of the bellows??

M3 x 10mm Thumb Screws Plain Type Metric (Thread Dia. 3.0mm) Knurled Head,10 Piece: amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific?tag=pentaxforums-20&
05-05-2023, 08:02 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Olympus Varimagni for their OM film cameras fits the Pentax eyepiece as well.