Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2023, 03:05 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Even better low light performance and detail because of the stacking of images, there's good reason to include it still. They should have included it.
Yes but for this, you can simply take the same photo as many times as you want, and merge these in your software of choice. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the added value of an in-camera-function doing this. People doing this type of stacking on detail&noise-sensitive images (e.g. astro) most likely also do extensive processing in editing software.

05-28-2023, 02:47 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sjak Quote
Yes but for this, you can simply take the same photo as many times as you want, and merge these in your software of choice. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the added value of an in-camera-function doing this. People doing this type of stacking on detail&noise-sensitive images (e.g. astro) most likely also do extensive processing in editing software.
Doing frame averaging in the camera (K3.3 can do it) is very useful for landscape photography. Doing it in post is so cumbersome that I almost never do it.
Frame averaging is also used to simulate ND filters. Phase One, Olympus have it. Pentax can use multi exposures.

Last edited by SrMi; 05-28-2023 at 03:14 AM.
05-28-2023, 11:50 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by SrMi Quote
Doing frame averaging in the camera (K3.3 can do it) is very useful for landscape photography. Doing it in post is so cumbersome that I almost never do it.
Frame averaging is also used to simulate ND filters. Phase One, Olympus have it. Pentax can use multi exposures.
Frame-averaging is indeed very nice! Some years ago I've seen a P-1 demo where this was used for long exposures instead of a very dark ND-filter. But there's no need to shift pixels for achieving the averaging, maybe that's why I misunderstood your earlier post
06-16-2023, 05:06 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by SrMi Quote
Stacking several exposures to improve noise is still possible with the multi exposures.
Thanks for pointing this out. Would not have crossed my mind.