Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2023, 10:01 AM   #1

Link to EU operating manual for K-3 iii Monochrome? (in various languages?)

Hi all, time for my1st stupid question here probably.... Picked up the K3iiiMono earlier today, and now playing around. Sweet camera!

In the "Start Guide" provided with the manual, reference is made to this link for the full manual:

https://ricoh-imaging.eu/eu_en/downloadcenter/product?id=3471&category=10

However, this link seems dead, it shows me a 404-error:

Not found
The page you were looking for does not exist

I know I can downlad the English-language manual on Ricoh's japanese site, but I'd like to have the manual in other languages too and want to avoid translation-issues when discussing specifics with non-english-speakers.

Does anyone know the correct link to the Dutch, German and French operating manual? Ricoh mentions the manual in various languages the small starting guide provided with the camera, so we must assume these dedicated manuals (for NL-DE-FR-...) for the K3iii Mono exist.

Thanks!

PS 1: yes I can email Ricoh, but it's Sunday afternoon, and maybe some of you already found out
PS 2: With google, I found ao. the Dutch and German manual for the colour K3iii on some 3rd-party-sites, but not for the Mono, and many are not downloadable, and some seem on quite shady locations on the net...

05-07-2023, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
whole European site is now pentax.eu

and refers to international English download site

Support | RICOH IMAGING

you can find all local sites here https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/store/

Last edited by mlag; 05-07-2023 at 11:04 AM.
05-07-2023, 10:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mlag Quote
whole European site is now pentax.eu

and refers to international English download site

Support | RICOH IMAGING
Thanks! But odd they mention a specific download-location from the EU-site in the K3iii Mono start guide. in each chapter in EN-FR-IT-DE-ES-NL-PL-SV-language, in a wording which suggests a manual in these languages

Well, I emailed them, I'll update if I get an answer re. the non-English/non-Japanese user manuals
05-07-2023, 10:52 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sjak Quote
Thanks! But odd they mention a specific download-location from the EU-site in the K3iii Mono start guide. in each chapter in EN-FR-IT-DE-ES-NL-PL-SV-language, in a wording which suggests a manual in these languages

Well, I emailed them, I'll update if I get an answer re. the non-English/non-Japanese user manuals
Well, the pentax.eu site was clearly machine translated to Dutch when launched a few months ago...., and there were some obvious and annoying errors....like the camera "body" becoming a "carrosserie" iso "behuizing"... if the new manuals would be like that, I would revert to English..
( for non Dutch readers , a carrosserie is the chassis of a car...., , Carrosserie etymology in French | Etymologeek.com actually derived from french language..., the Dutch be'huiz'ing is actually the hous'ing of the camera ..https://etymologeek.com/nld/huis)

---------- Post added 07-05-23 at 11:00 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sjak Quote

My guess is they stopped making translations

Last edited by mlag; 05-07-2023 at 10:57 AM.
05-07-2023, 11:01 AM   #5

Original Poster
Well, the pentax.eu site was clearly machine translated to Dutch when launched a few months ago...., and there were some obvious and annoying errors....l
Yeah, the best one I encountered was "solliciteer" to "apply" filters in the webstore

My guess is they stopped making translations
That's also my gut-feeling... I'll update when I have an answer from Ricoh
05-07-2023, 11:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't found any instructions in my language, i.e. German. It probably doesn't exist yet. The problem for Ricoh/Pentax: In the EU, technical devices, including cameras, must be handed over with instructions in the respective national language. The instructions must therefore be translated into each of the 24 EU languages. It is currently only available in English, which is correct for Ireland and Malta.

I'll help myself first with the instructions for the "normal" K3iii.
05-08-2023, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #7

Original Poster
Update: I got a reply from Ricoh. The camera was available sooner than expected for distribution on the European market, and before the user manual was translated. Ricoh decided to already fulfill orders, which is understandable and in fact, I really appreciate that. They expect the translations to be available in a few weeks.