Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2023, 12:41 PM   #1

Digital Filter preset does not "stick" after turning camera off/on.

I have been playing with the Digital Filter presets a bit...
I'm finding that if I activate a Digital Filter (e.g., Grainy Monochrome) when shooting .DNG + .JPEG, take a few shots, and then turn the camera off and back on again, the Digital Filter is OFF after turning the camera back on. (You can see this at a glance on the monitor menu; the icon is on the upper left of the screen when it's active and not there when not active.)
Is this intended behavior or am I missing something? I want the Digital Filter to stay in place unless I set the camera otherwise.

05-11-2023, 01:30 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadu007 Quote
Is this intended behavior or am I missing something? I want the Digital Filter to stay in place unless I set the camera otherwise.
On my K-3 Mark III (not monochrome), it's necessary to save certain parameters, including Digital Filter, in the [Memory] setting of the C5 menu. Otherwise, they revert to the default setting when the camera is turned OFF. It's described on page 111 of the K-3 III Operating Manual.

- Craig
05-11-2023, 05:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yes! That was it. Thank you!
There is the Memory>Digital Filter option in there. :-)