Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2023, 07:55 AM - 5 Likes   #1

Memorial Day Parade, Sarasota

Brought my K3M and DFA21 to the parade. It was an overcast morning, versus the very strong Florida sun both participants and spectators usually suffer through. Except for setting white and black points in ACR, and pulling down highlights a bit, I did no other processing. I’ve got more images to look at, but thought a few of you might enjoy these. Cheers, Ned

Memorial Day Parade, Sarasota 2023 | Flickr

Last edited by Ned Bunnell; 05-30-2023 at 09:50 AM.
06-05-2023, 07:47 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ned Bunnell Quote
Brought my K3M and DFA21 to the parade. It was an overcast morning, versus the very strong Florida sun both participants and spectators usually suffer through. Except for setting white and black points in ACR, and pulling down highlights a bit, I did no other processing. I’ve got more images to look at, but thought a few of you might enjoy these. Cheers, Ned

Memorial Day Parade, Sarasota 2023 | Flickr
Great photos. I am considering this camera/ lens combination. Did you use any filters on the lens? Orang? Yellow?
06-06-2023, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dtct Quote
Great photos. I am considering this camera/ lens combination. Did you use any filters on the lens? Orang? Yellow?
Thanks, glad you liked the photos. No filters used. Compared to the M10M, I’m finding the need for filters is not as critical. I’m having no problems capturing, for example, the clouds in our typically strong tropical light here in Sarasota. And to clarify this point, I’m not interested in creating HDR like images, just accurate representations of the light and tones that I saw in the scene. Exposure is important though. In quite a few cases, I will underexpose the shot significantly, pulling down the highlights, but there’s so much detail in the shadows it’s easy to bring them up in post.

Cheers, Ned

Last edited by Ned Bunnell; 06-06-2023 at 09:16 AM.