Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Which bag has more room?

I'm looking at the Canon 200DG backpack and the Pentax sling bag...but which has more room? I know what the Canon is like because I used to own one years ago but I can't find pictures of the Pentax bag that shows all the compartments open...I can only find one where the camera section is open...

Which has more room?

05-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #2

I've owned both, the Canon bag is almost twice as large, it's a two strap full backpack, and the Pentax is a single strap, sling type.

The Canon will easily hold 4 or 5 lenses, flashes, and a couple bodies, it's big enough for the teles's too. The Pentax only holds a body and a few lenses.

It's a great price from Pentax, but I ended up giving mine away as it was just too small.
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Canon bag I believe is actually a few bucks cheaper on Amazon...and I just picked up a new body and tele today so I guess that pretty much seals the deal.
05-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
The Canon bag I believe is actually a few bucks cheaper on Amazon...and I just picked up a new body and tele today so I guess that pretty much seals the deal.
Cool. Those actually look like pretty nice bags. Some organization or other around here seems to use them. Once in a while I see them walking around in twos and threes with em. (I never asked who they are, since backpacks are a thing you notice when people are walking away from you. )

05-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry I am late. Just lost track of time.

I have both the Canon backpack and the Pentax sling as well and I think they serve two different purposes.
The Canon is obviously worn on the back and is larger, more accomodating and can often be found for close to the same price as the Pentax sling. The Pentax sling, while also worn on the bag, has a pretty good sling feature. It is smaller and has less features (read as places to put yer shhtuff) but is convenient in it's ability to move around the body and allow you access to yer shhhtuff.
If you are going on a photo adventure and know what gear you are going to use and want quick easy access to that gear, you (I) take the Pentax sling or Lowepro AW 200. If I am going hiking and want to take just about one of everything; grab the Canon backpack.
Though I have not used either one in a downpour. And like one guy said, I would remove the Canon badge if I thought it would not circumvent the weather proofing of the backpack. But he did take a black marker over it. Funny stuff.
I love both bags and the Canon backpack is clearly larger and holds more equipment and very well I might add. But the both really serve different purposes.

Average usage demonstrations
The Canon:

The Pentax:

Of course the lens hoods take up no room since they are kept on the lenses. Not sure what I was thinking with that display. And these days I use my Pentax sling for my K-7 and a different assortment of it's accessories.

And something else in a long line of camera bags to consider.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/field-accessories/37413-pentax-sling-vs-l...ny-images.html
Enjoy the journey to finding the right four or five camera bags to buy and use!

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 05-14-2010 at 07:04 AM.