Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

12V Cigar lighter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Is there a 12 V car cigar lighter battery charger for the Pentax's camera batteries?

05-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't heard of one. However, I have a device like this (albeit much older) that pretty much gives me a normal outlet while in the car: eCOST.com-CyberPower DC to AC Mobile Power Inverter - 200W - CPS200AI - CyberPower CPS200AI (Accessories) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philippe Quote
Is there a 12 V car cigar lighter battery charger for the Pentax's camera batteries?
You mean something like this or this?
05-18-2010, 03:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
You mean something like this or this?
I have a couple of these in the K10/20 version. I've been using them, I think, for a year or so. No issues that I know of. They simply travel better than the OEM charger.

Thank you
Russell

05-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Amazon.com: 2 Replacement Pentax D-LI50, Sigma BP-21 or Minolta NP-400 Batteries and Mini…

I have one of these sets for my K20 - I agree, that charger "travels" much better than the Pentax one, even when just used for AC charging.
05-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go to any auto parts store and they should have a good assortment of inverters with power outputs from light duty to enough to run much of your house in a power failure. I have one that looks like a coffee cup and fits in the cupholder. Along with a 120vac outlet, it also has a USB port to charge and power cellphones. With an inverter, you use the chargers you already own and aren't wasting money on a dedicated "car" charger. Now you can charge your camera, laptop, phone, and the added benefit of making fresh coffee out in the middle of nowhere.
05-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
you use the chargers you already own and aren't wasting money on a dedicated "car" charger.
The chargers that have been posted are both car and household chargers. The AC plug portion folds into the base. The DC portion is a cable with the standard cigarette lighter interface. This is what makes them travel easy. Light for getting there by air, and then once in a rental car you are set to go.

Thank you
Russell