Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
What is the Physical address for Opteka

What is the Physical address for Opteka?
They have some remotes and other accessories I'm interested in but I don't want to buy from them if they don't have physical address or phone number. They just have a website and they sell on Ebay & Amazon.

I've spent the better part of an hour searching on Google & Yahoo and can't find a address or phone number? How can that be?

05-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

They seem to be 47th Street Photo!

Hmmm. Interesting. Their web site whois info says:

Registrant:
Delta Marketing
ATTN OPTEKA.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
The address is indeed Network Solutions, the domain name registrar. But, hmmm, "Delta Marketing" might be promising....

Ahhhh yes: Delta Marketing Corp, 47th Street Photo of New York, 47StPhoto.com, Photo Video Computers Electronics

There, he says that they are the "US distributor" for Opteka. But having looked around the web site ("Become a dealer" and "International Ordering" stand out), I can't find a reason to think that this is anything but the main site for the company.

In fact, I see several references on the net for customs forms for camera gear going to New York from Hong Kong for "Delta Marketing Dba Opteka" (where "Dba" means "doing business as").

So I'm pretty confidant in saying that Opteka = store brand for 47th St. Photo. Which explains to some degree why they take some pains to conceal it.

(As shady New York camera stores go, my understanding is that they're in the more-reputable second tier. Wouldn't bet my pocketbook on it, though.)
05-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
(As shady New York camera stores go, my understanding is that they're in the more-reputable second tier. Wouldn't bet my pocketbook on it, though.)
Isn't B&B a NYC camera store? I've had good luck with them and certainly would call them a second tier store.
05-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had good transactions with 47th Street and 17th Street as well and would put them above Abe's of Maine.

05-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm an old fart and I can remember seeing 47th St photo ads in the magazines back in the early 70's. I haven't ever bought from them but I know people who have and they had no complaints. There are quite a few stores who import their own brands. I have an Opteka mirror lens I bought used. Just taking a quick browse through some photo mags, I see the same stuff sold at B&H as Bower and at Adorama as Pro Optic.
05-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #6

Opteka Address - if anyone is still interested

Opteka, INC.
1635 McDonald Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11230-6310

They have a presence on eBay and I correspond with them there but they also have an email address / contact form on their website.