Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax KE-60 Focus Screen

Does anybody know if this is similar to the Canon EF-S, EG-S, or EE-S? And will it fit on the K20D?
Thanks

06-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This screen is for the K-7. See here: Pentax | KE-60 All Surface Matte Focusing Screen | 38581 | B&H

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Adam! That's to bad, the only thing I can find for the K20D are split prism screens. I know a lot of wedding photographers swear by the EF-S, EG-S, or EE-S on their Canons, was hopping to find something similar. Guess I will have to wait till I Upgrade my camera, whenever Pentax decides to release a new model.
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Anyone used this thing? I'm intregued. I don't really like split-prism screens either, but wouldn't mind something to help visualize focus better.

06-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm interested in knowing more too.
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I went ahead and ordered the KE-60 Focus Screen, I am going to take it down to my jeweler and see if they can cut the glass to match my K20D. I will update when I get results.
07-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
KE-60 is a myth

Looks like the KE-60 is a myth. Got this response from chuck at B&H who was quite helpful "Both the ME-60 and KE-60 have the same part number. I suspect the KE-60 is no longer available and our we posting is incorrect. " I have been unable to find any info on the KE-60 besides the incorrect B&H posting witch should reed ME-60. Looks like Pentax does not have anything comparable to the Canon EF-S, EG-S, or EE-S focusing screens.