Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Camera Bag for to carry two cameras

Can someone suggests a compact waist bag or a bag-pack to carry two cameras with mounted lens (one with tele 70-300mm and other with 10-20mm). All I need a way to quickly get the camera out and put then back. May be a few extra pockets for batteries and SD cards.

Yusuf

06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Kata 3n1 series might work well if you want quick access to shoot then return to the bag.
06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would look at a sling baf, a waste bag with this weight would be uncomfortable.,
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
camera bag for to carry two cameras with lens attached

When I carry two cameras with lens attached. I have lowpro trail2 that keep one camera and lens attached. I keep the other camera with lens attached in a holster bag

06-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've been in the market for a slim street shooting/assignment bag and ended up with the Lowepro Midtown 160. It's kind of like a messenger style bag, if a little boxier It holds:

- a K20d/DA* 50-135 with the hood reversed
- a K-x/DA* 16-50 with hood on
- a flash OR a couple of primes

What it won't hold:
- a body with grip attached
- a netbook
- a water bottle
- anything longer than the DA* 50-135

Haven't used it a lot but seems pretty good. Just what I was looking for - a slim, lightly padded, inconspicuous bag.
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have a Crumpler 7 million dollar home knockoff that will carry 2 gripped bodies side by side with attached lenses so long as the body and lens combination isn't longer than 25cm or so. There is additional room for another 2 to 3 prime lenses/ small zooms or a mid sized flash and another lens. I can carry 1 gripped and 1 ungripped body in my Lowepro Slingshot 200 by putting one body with a short lens in the top compartment but only the body in the main compartment is convenient to get at quickly.
06-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #7

I use a Kata 3-N-1-30. I can carry my K7 and K20D, both with lenes attached. I have got it to work with and without battery grips. I still have room for lenses, flash, plus extras! I used it on a recent trip to Alaska and it was very comfortable and easy to use!

06-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unruely Quote
I use a Kata 3-N-1-30. I can carry my K7 and K20D, both with lenes attached. I have got it to work with and without battery grips. I still have room for lenses, flash, plus extras! I used it on a recent trip to Alaska and it was very comfortable and easy to use!
For quick access and being able to put your camera away just as fast, I think the 3n1 series really can't be beat. I have personally found I don't work that way and didn't enjoy the sling style personally, but the 3n1 has sling and, well, just downright functionality, cornered.
06-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
John, are you sure it's Lowepro Midtown 160? I doubt if it can take two DSLR with lens attached.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I've been in the market for a slim street shooting/assignment bag and ended up with the Lowepro Midtown 160. It's kind of like a messenger style bag, if a little boxier It holds:

- a K20d/DA* 50-135 with the hood reversed
- a K-x/DA* 16-50 with hood on
- a flash OR a couple of primes
06-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I have a Crumpler 7 million dollar home knockoff that will carry 2 gripped bodies side by side with attached lenses so long as the body and lens combination isn't longer than 25cm or so. There is additional room for another 2 to 3 prime lenses/ small zooms or a mid sized flash and another lens. I can carry 1 gripped and 1 ungripped body in my Lowepro Slingshot 200 by putting one body with a short lens in the top compartment but only the body in the main compartment is convenient to get at quickly.
Here's another vote for the LowePro Slingshot series, but the 300 series this time. The zipper on my Slingshot 200 ripped out after trying to stuff too much stuff into it. the 300 has a lot more room, i can put a K20 in it with a DA*300 lens mounted, and the upper compartment can easily hold another K20/K10 with another smaller lens. Has a great waist belt to take off the load from the shoulder. I found it on ebay for $79, a great price i think. A fair amount of room for other lens/accessories. I wouldn't want to carry it all day with a heavy load, but it'd be great for short walks and keeping your stuff organized in a car.
06-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
John, are you sure it's Lowepro Midtown 160? I doubt if it can take two DSLR with lens attached.
Yup, I'm sure...

* Note - cat hair optional LOL!