Lighting diagram app for android phones

Wrote this because the iphone has the Strobox app and android didn't:
Photo Studio Buddy Lite - Cyrket

One guess as to what I based the camera image on
I have a medium format image too, but it'd be too obvious since I'm a 645D fan

06-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very cool app. Just installed it and works great so far.

Have you been asked about having basic presets/traditional combos included? Would save some time to have some starting points.
06-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #3

Great app

Thanks!
06-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey cool - I'm playing with it now. Thanks!

06-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by George Lama Quote
Have you been asked about having basic presets/traditional combos included? Would save some time to have some starting points.
Thanks for the suggestion George.
I've been trying to figure out what to do about the concept of "templates" (starting points for diagrams) and "copying" a diagram that another user asked for.
Adding a new dialog chooser (to select from a bunch of diagrams) to the Add Diagram button seems like it adds probably an unnecessary step. And not everyone uses the same techniques for things (e.g., the classic white background can be done w/ bare strobes behind V cards, or done w/ umbrellas, etc.)...

I think I can kill two birds w/ one stone by letting users longpress an existing diagram and choosing "Use for New Diagram" and create a copy from it, which will essentially let them use it as a template. So you'd create your own "standard" diagrams, name them "Template - White Background", "Template - Beauty Setup", etc., then be able to copy them and edi them as new diagrams...

I'm still debating whether to add that 645D graphic I have for another camera type. It'd add another dialog where they'd choose DSLR or MF and most people probably won't use the MF graphics :-P
06-13-2010, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
George: I pushed the upgrade out...I might change the naming, but if you longpress a diagram, you can do "Use As Template"...it basically does a "copy" and then edit of it immediately...
06-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #7
Forum Member

Thank you kenyee, I was looking for domething like that.

Marcin