Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Forum Member

Everbuying.com - be aware!

Not sure if anyone has bought anything from this outfit, but I discourage everyone to do so. They sell among others the JYC Pro1-D filters, which are the cheaper alternative to Hoya Pro1 filters.

Anyway, I purchased a 67mm Circular Polarizer, but they sent me a UV filter instead. First they would reply to my every third email and second they are absolutely unreasonable and do not know what they are selling.
I sent them picture of the case and the filter rim clearly showing that it is a UV filter, but they completely disregard this and keep arguing that some freakin MBG number is correct. I gave up after two weeks.

07-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So, contact your credit card company and return the filter.
11-30-2010, 05:11 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi thanks for the tip, i think that would make me change my mind, Try chinabuye,a very reliable, fast shipping, very high quality products. it wont make you change your mind.
12-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting that 2 new members with exactly 1 post each recommend the same seller, which I have never heared off.

I can heartily recommend a couple of reliable ebay sellers, from which I bought a couple of filters over time, like DigitalRev or hvStar.

I often go for the Kenko filters, which are Hoyas in disguise (same filter by the the same Hoya company, just under the Kenko brand for the Japanese home market.

I have had very good experiences with these two dealers.

Ben

12-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
Interesting that 2 new members with exactly 1 post each recommend the same seller, which I have never heared off.

Ben
I'm suspicious as well. :EYES:
12-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I checked out the site. I was surprised at the number of 5 mp camcorders in the first 2-3 pages on the site. Granted, prices are cheap, but it looks to me like it's several generations old.

I also searched for 'filter' and 'UV' and nothing dealing with photography came up. I don't know who these two folks are, but their recommendations are invalid.
12-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben Tm Quote
Hi thanks for the tip, i think that would make me change my mind, Try chinabuye,a very reliable, fast shipping, very high quality products. it wont make you change your mind.
QuoteOriginally posted by akshar102 Quote
i would like to recommend ordering in Chinabuye. they ship your products fast and you can get it on time. all products are high quality and always in good condition.
Some guy trying to get your cash. Probably the same one who runs the outfit you're telling us to be leery of...
12-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Always remember the old adage...if it seems too good to be true, it probably is, ESPECIALLY with online camera shops...