Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Will FA Limiteds fit in DA Limited case?

Any idea whether or not the FA Limited 31, 77 and DA Limited 15 will fit in the new Pentax DA Limited Case? Or maybe exchange one of the with FA 43 to get it to fit?

07-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't all the limiteds have different size cases? The 31mm and 77mm are the largest of all the limiteds AFAIK, and I don't think they'll fit in any of the DA cases except for maybe the 35mm macro's.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nimrad Quote
Any idea whether or not the FA Limited 31, 77 and DA Limited 15 will fit in the new Pentax DA Limited Case? Or maybe exchange one of the with FA 43 to get it to fit?
The 15, 43 and 77 would fit fine in the DA Limited Case, but the 31 is a bit too "fat". There's a picture near the bottom of this link that shows a picture of a 31 in the case but from the description it's too tight a fit to really work.
07-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well, the day I'm so rich that I own 15, 31, 43 and 77 I will definately buy this! Can't wait for the canikoners to start turning heads when opening that sexy little thing of Limitedlenses. They can just keep their 85/1.2 for themselves. Wouldn't fit in my budget nor my travel photo bag.

dgaies, thank you so much by the way!

07-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nimrad Quote
Well, the day I'm so rich that I own 15, 31, 43 and 77 I will definately buy this! Can't wait for the canikoners to start turning heads when opening that sexy little thing of Limitedlenses. They can just keep their 85/1.2 for themselves. Wouldn't fit in my budget nor my travel photo bag.

dgaies, thank you so much by the way!
You're welcome.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't actually own the case (yet). I've been tempted to buy it a couple times, but I can't seem to get over the $40 price tag for what looks like an oversized sunglasses case
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
You're welcome.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't actually own the case (yet). I've been tempted to buy it a couple times, but I can't seem to get over the $40 price tag for what looks like an oversized sunglasses case
When you open the DA limited lens case, you are bathed in a Golden light and hear angels singing.
07-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
When you open the DA limited lens case, you are bathed in a Golden light and hear angels singing.
Maybe I should buy one... it's hard to argue with golden light and angels

07-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Don't all the limiteds have different size cases? The 31mm and 77mm are the largest of all the limiteds AFAIK, and I don't think they'll fit in any of the DA cases except for maybe the 35mm macro's.
I think he is talking about the "wallet" style case for the DA ltd set. However, I use my 35mm ltd case and 77mm ltd case interchangeably kind of like I do with rear lens caps during lens changes.

NED BUNNELL: DA Limited Lens Case

Ned shows a picture of the case with his FA 31mm ltd, a DA 40mm and DA 15 ltd.