Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AFxxxT + 5P chords + K10D question

Hi all,

well I have a question regarding linking the older AFxxxT flashes and K10D with 5P chord.
Here it goes:
When AFxxxT flash is on K10/20 it does communicate with the body to some extent. F.e. if the camera is in Av mode and flash in P or A mode, changing f stop results in change of ISO to retain correct exposure.
Now, what if I get 5P chord, with it's original ports (hot shoe adapters F + Fg) and put one AFxxxT flash on top of the F adapter on body and link another AFxxxT flash via the Fg and 5P chord, put them both to P mode how will the camera react? Will it understand that it has two flashes connected and adjust the f stop to correct value for both flashes combined? Or will it just be dumb and read one flash (presumably on F adapter) only???

Thanks for help.

BR
Peter

07-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the AF280T and it does communicate with the camera. It lets the camera know when it's ready to fire, for starters. And when it IS ready, the camera will fix the shutter speed to a max of 1/180 s, and set the aperture accordingly to match the firing mode (red or green).
07-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I have the AF280T and it does communicate with the camera. It lets the camera know when it's ready to fire, for starters. And when it IS ready, the camera will fix the shutter speed to a max of 1/180 s, and set the aperture accordingly to match the firing mode (red or green).
thanks but I knew that already.
As you can see I have AF280T and AF160Sa (which has all the same communication skills as T) and I'd love to get AF200T.
My question is, how will the camera react if I link AF280T and AF200T via 5P cords to the camera? Will it understand there are 2 flashes???