Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
*ist D battery: which one?

Hallo,
I'm waiting for a *ist D (my first time with a DSRL).
Which kind of rechargeable battery is better: CRV3 or AA hybrid (like panasonic infinium)?

Thank you
Luca

07-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd say the rechargeable AA's are the way to go, but keep in mind that they typically don't last as long as, say, lithium batteries would.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you Adam.
But I don't understand: why AA rechargeable is better than CVR3 rechargeable if are no longer?
Cheaper? Something else?
07-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ellepi Quote
Thank you Adam.
But I don't understand: why AA rechargeable is better than CVR3 rechargeable if are no longer?
Cheaper? Something else?
My understanding is that CRV-3 rechargables are not suitable for the istD, but I stand to be corrected on that.
I used NiMH AAs in my istD for a while and then got tired of having to maintain them so I started using CRV-3 (non rechargable). This cured all of the istD wonks that it suffers when a battery goes soft.

07-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sanyo Eneloop low self discharge batteries and a decent charger. Checkout the thread below. It's a long thread but it has lots of good info. When I got my K200D I bought several sets of Eneloops and haven't looked back. I can get around 1000 shots per charge.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/92821-bat...-take-aas.html
07-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I've used NiMH AA batteries for most of the 6 years that I've owned a *istD. Lithiums, especially the CVR3s, will last longer, but I've regularly taken 800-1100 images in a session with one set of Energizer NiMHs. I just plan to top off the charge the night before.