Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Bought one of these yesterday (camera, lens and HAND not included.. lol!)

It's actually a pretty solid bit of kit. I'm quite impressed with it, even if there is a whiff of Blue Oyster Bar about it!

Matin Camera Grip - 20 with Self-Standing Stand! (Black, Genuine Leather, Made in Korea!) ShaShinKi.com : Malaysia Online Camera Shop

Scroll down to see pictures of the built-in stand. Clever little addition...

Last edited by Unsinkable II; 07-16-2010 at 03:34 AM.
09-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #2

Interesting... I have a Camdapter hand strap plate on my K20. It serves the same purpose as yours, lacks the nifty little legs, but instead doubles as a Manfrotto quick-release plate.

How do you find the strap that came with yours? If I tighten mine up so that my hand is snug with the body I can't hold the camera up to my eye to look through the viewfinder. The angle my hand/wrist is forced to assume is not a natural one. As such, I use the handstrap more as a bracing strap than an actual secure, gripping aid. I have quick-release attachments on the other side of the plate and on the other strap lug on the body to connect a neckstrap, or to attach the camera to my backpack straps.

Would be nice if they could combine the two plates... retain the ability of a Manfrotto (or similar) quick-release plate *and* have the little support legs, still.