Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Compact, Lightweight, Steady Tripod/head?

Hey, sorry, I'm not that knowledageable on tripods (though I read that link in one of the posts somewhere on here...my specificness is helpful, I know ) but I do know that I probably need one - my macro shots require a dozen or 2 shots to produce 2-3 keepers. I'm looking for something that I can fit in my bag (~13inches long), relatively light, and good to use for macro (I guess that's where the head comes in). Also, I'd like for it to be <$150 - I know I get what I pay for, but I really can't afford to pay for much and if there're tripod/head combos that'd work well, that'd be much appreciated (:

07-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Compact + Lightweight = Slikpro

It is very affordable too... IIRC mine was about $80? Maybe $60? Not sure... but surprisingly good.. and very helpful along my trips...

Now, regarding MACRO.. not sure about that, since it is a ball head type... but hey.. you are a photographer, you should knw it is all about compromise!