Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax lens soft cases

Hi, can anyone tell me whether there is any logic to the model numbers used for Pentax's soft cases? Do the numbers represent the size range (in mms) of lens the case can accomodate? Has anyone ever put together a historical list of which lenses fit which soft cases? I like the cases for storing my lenses, but I could use some information about lens and case compatibility. It would be too expensive to do it by trial and error.

Thanks for any information you can share on this thread.

08-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bdimitov has a list of fitting cases for nearly each lens, but we don't in our lens database, yet.

As far as I'm aware, Pentax's soft cases are named by width x height. So a S80-120 would support a lens up to 8cm wide and 12cm tall. I don't have my 200mm macro handy, but as far as I recall, it used an S110-210, which would be 11cm x 21cm. The lens itself measures 8cmx19cm, so the case is a perfect fit!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: