Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pocket Wizard Plus II's

Hi Guys,

Does anyone use these triggers on their Pentax bodies? I've got an Ist DS and I have an e-bay wireless flash kit but I am looking at upgrading to pocket wizards soon. I just want to know before I buy if there are any issues with them being used on Pentax Bodies?

Thanks in advance.

08-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Inactive Account

They work perfectly with all Pentax bodies. You will get much greater range and reliability than your eBay triggers.

You should also check out the new FlashWaves triggers that are starting to appear on the Canadian market. They are about 1/3 the price and are available at local dealers through Booth Photographic. I am testing a set right now and so far they are quite impressive.
08-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am considering pw's as well, just picked up two Nikon SB26's to complement my 360 as slaves with their nice built in optical slaves.

As for alternatives, how about the Elinchrom Skyport ? Elinchrom is an expensive brand in studio lighting as far as I have understood and their product should be good quality altho its still new in the market.

They sell in a set with trigger receiver for 186 (Around the price for 1 PW plus II, so half price) and additional receivers for 104 USD.

So for the price of two PW Plus II you can get 1 Skyport sender and 2 receivers. That is tempting.
08-23-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
That is quite tempting. I plan on buying a couple of Vivitar 285 HV's for my bag and would like to have something half decent to fire them with. The e-bay kit I have now works quite well, but it's got the odd misfire.