Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #1

Which Holster Bag?

Looking for a comfortable light travel holster that can hold a k100d with DA50-200 and 1 or 2 small primes.

Something like the modular Lowepro Offtrail 1 or 2 might work. The side cases look a little big and I read a couple of complaints of not much in the area of pockets. Are there smaller attachable case options?

Any other modular holsters or belt bags out there that would be comparable? I like the ability to add one or two modular cases to the holster depending on what I would like to take with me.

Thanks.

08-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the lowpro 100. A great bag. I should have bought the 200 because my A 70-210 barely fits. Never the less, I carry the A 70-210, A 35-105, M28, and 43 LTD in it. Very nice bag.

regards,
Ken
08-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
I have the lowpro 100. A great bag. I should have bought the 200 because my A 70-210 barely fits. Never the less, I carry the A 70-210, A 35-105, M28, and 43 LTD in it. Very nice bag.

regards,
Ken
Ken,

Are you talking about the Slingshot?
Looks too big, but I like the option to switch from belt to shoulder.
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hardwired Quote
Ken,

Are you talking about the Slingshot?
Looks too big, but I like the option to switch from belt to shoulder.
Yea, it's the slingshot. The 100 feels good as a backpack. Easy to sling around, pull the camera out and use the bag as a support.

Ken

08-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
Forum Member

Looking for a comfortable light travel holster that can hold a k100d with DA50-200 and 1 or 2 small primes.

Something like the modular Lowepro Offtrail 1 or 2 might work. The side cases look a little big and I read a couple of complaints of not much in the area of pockets. Are there smaller attachable case options?

Any other modular holsters or belt bags out there that would be comparable? I like the ability to add one or two modular cases to the holster depending on what I would like to take with me.

Thanks.

I've got the Offtrail 1 and love it. The main pocket fits my GX-1S with the 50-200 as long as the hood is reversed. The side pods are long enough to fit the 50-200 with the lens hood extended. I use the second pocket for an A50 plus the body cap(which I use for wb) and memory cards. There are 2 elastic loops in the main compartment on the "back" of the camera support pads which I use to hold a spare set of batteries and a lens cloth sits in the bottom of the main compartment. The pouches are part of the sliploc system so you can fit these if you want. A bigger option more pockets but similar could be the "Off Road"

HTH
Barney
08-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyCG Quote
I've got the Offtrail 1 and love it. The main pocket fits my GX-1S with the 50-200 as long as the hood is reversed. The side pods are long enough to fit the 50-200 with the lens hood extended. I use the second pocket for an A50 plus the body cap(which I use for wb) and memory cards. There are 2 elastic loops in the main compartment on the "back" of the camera support pads which I use to hold a spare set of batteries and a lens cloth sits in the bottom of the main compartment. The pouches are part of the sliploc system so you can fit these if you want. A bigger option more pockets but similar could be the "Off Road"

HTH
Barney
Thanks Barney.

I am down to Offtrail1 and OffRoad.
Does the Offtrail1 come with a shoulder strap or can accomodate one?

Did you have an opprotunity to compare to the Offroad and try belt worn for comfort?
08-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #7

Have you looked at the Think Tank Digital Holster series? I am pretty smitten with the 20 model and am considering getting it.

It's unique feature is that the bottom expands or contracts depending on how much room you need. I thought it would be functional as a single lens option and change into a 2 lens bag on days you need that.

08-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #8
Forum Member

Thanks Barney.

I am down to Offtrail1 and OffRoad.
Does the Offtrail1 come with a shoulder strap or can accomodate one?

Did you have an opprotunity to compare to the Offroad and try belt worn for comfort?
No shoulder strap I'm afraid ... it does have a small loop for hand carrying and I've often looped the waist belt over my shoulder.

I bought it mail order sight unseen ... not much on shop shelves in Scotland so I've not got a comparison ... I wasn't really interested in the Offroad since I only had the 2 lenses and got a free Offroad sized bag (shoulder strap only) with the camera kit and I was looking for minimum size.

Barney