Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
I found my old super nice Marmot shell gloves so now a shell liner situation is more plausible, I'm going to go to REI tomorrow and try out some other options, I'm not thrilled with the All Weather gloves

if I can find a good pair of liners I might go for it, but I really really really want to find a pair of gloves I can wear all day and not have to take off...I'll go to some sporting goods stores and look at shooting gloves as well
If you're going to use a shell mitten, these may be good liners for them:

EMS Men's Atlas Fleece Convertible Mitts - Eastern Mountain Sports

09-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
If you're going to use a shell mitten, these may be good liners for them:

EMS Men's Atlas Fleece Convertible Mitts - Eastern Mountain Sports
yeesh $30, expensive!

I actually have a pair of those, they cost about 8 dollars at the local grocery store if I remember correctly
09-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Hey, btw, people posted a bunch of suggestions on a thread some months ago, if you can find it: I think I started it, either looking for something to shoot in down here, thinking we were going to go back North at some point soon, or maybe it was just a general conversation, but there were all kinds of suggestions in it.

Great shopping procrastinator that I am, I never did get around to it, but there were tons of good suggestions, maybe not so many appropriate to snowboarding, but nonetheless...
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well if you can find it Ill be all ea........eyes

I'm sure (at least I hope) that as winter in the US slowly approaches the frenzy will spread through the forum at least a little bit and there will be more snow centric threads to come!

09-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
Well if you can find it Ill be all ea........eyes

I'm sure (at least I hope) that as winter in the US slowly approaches the frenzy will spread through the forum at least a little bit and there will be more snow centric threads to come!
Found one. I think it's at least part of what I was thinking of, anyway.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/83434-wha...ands-warm.html

The topic does come up from time to time.
09-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Killer Gloves

I was going to recommend the fingerless gloves from Outdoor Research (OR) that they marketed as "Digital Gloves" a nice double-entendre for iPod/iPhone users. But they are no longer in the OR catalog.

OR, headquartered across the street from the Art Wolfe Gallery in Seattle, makes high-end mountaineering and survival gear. They also have a huge military contract.

While my fingerless gloves are not longer made, I did find a pair of killer gloves for you from OR--a little pricey perhaps, but consider them on par with Zeiss.

M