Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
Don't lick the lens, the paint is probably 99% lead and you'll go insane.
What, an insane Pentaxian? Isn't that an oxymoron?

QuoteOriginally posted by Ikarus Quote
I'm having a problem with the Jupiter-9 and the original Pentax adapter on the K-x.
Which J9 version do you have: M39 or M42? My M39 copy, with an ultra-cheap M39-M42 adapter ring glued on, has a wide conductive lens base that yet doesn't short the contacts on my K20D when mounted on a non-flanged adapter. Even two stacked strips of metal tape don't do the job, so I can only use CIF with my J9 when it's mounted on a flanged adapter. But there are no LiveView problems with either cheap adapter I may use on the J9, nor with any other manual lens that *does* short the contacts. So all I can suggest is, try a strip of metal tape on the lens base.

01-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's a black M42 J-9 from 1988 with the original Pentax M42 adapter on a K-x. The other thing I noticed it that the K-x attempts stop-down metering with the J9 when I press the green button, which the lens obviously won't react to. Again, this does not happen with any of my other M42 lenses. Using the paper strip for insulating the J9 base from the contacts solves this as well.