Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Cokin filter adapter & ND grads

Hi,

just made the move to DSLR & looking to take full advantage of the many accesories that can be purchased.

My main interest is landscape photography & having purchased a polarising filter I'm now considering the Cokin filter adapter & a set of ND grads. Would appreciate any advice on which I should buy - or Cokin alternatives ?

thanks

simon

08-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cokin is the way to go. I love my filter set, the only one I use is the Grad ND 8. It seems to work well in every application I use it in. The Cokin system is so adaptable, it fits various filter sizes with a cheap adapter so you only need one filter instead of separate ones for each lens.
08-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks,

Also came across "Kood" system - seems exactly the same as the Cokin ?

simon
08-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got an old Cokin filter set in my $50.00 mystery bag, and toyed around with them a little.

I haven't gotten any serious pic's with it yet, but t seems to be a nice system.

I'll have to do a little research and see what additional filters I need with mine. It only came with 3

08-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cokin ND grads are supposedly not truly neutral.
Look at HiTech, Lee, Singh-Ray depending on how big your wallet is :-)
08-31-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
Forum Member

cokin is the way to go. I always find myself in great situations to use them, and when they are so easy to use it makes it that much better.

I do get some interesting looks when I have a huge lens and some really strange looking cokin setup on the end of it.