Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mini Review - Think Tank Multimedia Wired Up 10

Recently we bought ourselves the "Think Tank Multimedia Wired Up 10" waist packs and i thought i will do a mini review.

We bought 2 bags. 1 for myself and 1 for wifey. They cost A$165 each. There is only 1 bag left when we visited Camera Electronic so they have to order both bags from the Eastern States. It took them 3 weeks to secure the bags for us.

Here are some pictures.

His and Her.
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00001.jpg
Views: 2682
Size:  128.6 KB
We are quite pleased with the bags. They are extremely well made (except a QC flaw on my bag but I will talk about that later), durable, and comes with plenty of zips, pockets, and all sorts of bells and whistles. The bag is very comfortable to wear and the weight distribution is very nicely distributed by the waist flaps and the shoulder straps.

Front View
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00002.jpg
Views: 2698
Size:  116.4 KB
Our original choice is the Lowepro Inverse 100 but we decided to go for the Think Tank instead. The inverse 100 is more rounded and bulkier. The think tank on the other hand, is more compact and does not give people the immediate impression that it is a camera bag.

Side View 1
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00003.jpg
Views: 2208
Size:  134.1 KB
There are plenty of compartments. There are 3 main compartments (1 front pocket, 1 central compartment, and 1 rear compartment) and 2 side pockets.

Side View 2
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00004.jpg
Views: 2258
Size:  147.6 KB

Front pocket
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00005.jpg
Views: 2084
Size:  147.1 KB
Here is the front pocket. There are also several internal zip mini-pockets and they are extremely useful for little stuffs like SD card, microfibre cloths, etc

Last edited by raider; 09-06-2010 at 12:35 AM.
09-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here is an enlarge view of the central compartment. The bag comes with many dividers which is handy if u need to further compartmentalized the central compartment. I only use 1 divider to separate the camera and the lens.

The central compartment is very well padded and gives good protection to the camera and lenses.
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00006.jpg
Views: 2366
Size:  117.2 KB

Here is another view of the central compartment. In fact you can totally remove the camera paddings from the bag and the bag can then be used as a normal waist pack. I think this is extremely thoughtful.
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00007.jpg
Views: 2485
Size:  138.5 KB

Back compartment
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00008.jpg
Views: 1982
Size:  169.5 KB

Rear view
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00009.jpg
Views: 2222
Size:  164.5 KB
Here you will see all the belts and attachments to the bag. Looks complicated at first but the setup is actually very practical and useful.

Left Flap
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00010.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  143.6 KB
Extra lens pouches can be attached to the flaps which could be useful.
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Right flap
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Image00011.jpg
Views: 2208
Size:  164.8 KB

This is where the QC flaw comes in. The "D" ring attachment on the left flap is at the upper section. The "D" ring attachment on the right flap is at the bottom section. A clear QC defect to me. This flaw only happens to my bag. My wife's bag is perfect and does not have this issue.

How we like it?
1. Extremely well made and durable.
2. Design very well thought through and extremely flexible.
3. Good distribution of weight by using the waist flaps and shoulder straps.
4. Shoulder straps can easily convert the bag to a shoulder bag.
5. Comes with raincoat to give complete protection from rain.
6. Side pocket is handy for a water bottle and perhaps a small towel.
7. Comes with a detachable wallet which is handy for things like a passport (if traveling overseas) and a small wallet.
8. There is a cool tripod attachment at the bottom of the bag and is okay for smaller tripod like my wife's sprint pro II.

Carrying capacity.
1. The bag is perfect for my wife's setup which includes
a) Pentax K-x with Sigma 17-70 lens attached.
b) DA50-200
c) Sigma 105 macro
d) 4 additional packs of AA batteries
e) ND filters and sd cards

2. The bag is slightly small for my setup which includes
a) Pentax K-7 with battery grip and DA35 lens attached.
b) DA14
c) FA50
d) rocket blower
e) Cokin z-pro graduated ND Filters
f) Filter wallet including the ND400 and polarizer
g) lens pen, sd cards, microfiber clothes

Everything fits snugly but there really isn't much room for movement. I still think this is acceptable. If I need to carry more stuff, I would need the Wired Up 20 (the Wired Up 10's bigger brother) but the Wired Up 20 is so much bigger that it actually look funny on me (I am of small build).

Conclusion:
The Think Tank Multimedia Wired Up 10 is an extremely good bag and I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

I hope this mini review is helpful to my fellow pentaxians

Last edited by raider; 09-06-2010 at 01:01 AM.
09-06-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Everything fits snugly but there really isn't much room for movement. I still think this is acceptable. If I need to carry more stuff, I would need the Wired Up 20 (the Wired Up 10's bigger brother) but the Wired Up 20 is so much bigger that it actually look funny on me (I am of small build).
You might consider a Thinktank holster to go with the bag if you need more room. This would get the camera with mounted lens out of the Wired Up bag, leaving it to carry more lenses or accessories.

Thank you
Russell