Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,931
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Might help if Pentax-Ricoh licensed manufacture of adapters and other accessories, to be made by firms meeting PRIC's quality standards. I suspect some items are already licensed -- PRIC likely doesn't make their own batteries, remotes, sensor-cleaning kit, etc. So, why not licensed TCs; macro tubes and other extension; T/S and M42-PK and M39-PK and and T2 and mount-reversal and other adapters; filters; etc. Licensees will have motivation to push their goods at competitive prices, while bearing the Pentax brand. Should be a win-win: Pentaxians get quality accessories at reasonable cost whilst Pentax gets brand-name promotion (and a cut of the take) yet doesn't have to run more production lines.
I like the way you think. I would like to give someone my money for a nice set of auto extension tubes on PK mount. well.. at least 100 of my dollars. hehe

06-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,389
I hate to tell you guys this, but I bought a set off of Kenkos w/ contacts off of ebay just this week for $30+shipping. I was the only bidder. I think the seller didn't have the best title so the keywords weren't working for searches people might do, but I figured at least a few others would find them anyway.
06-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,931
Terrible!! grrr.

I have been scouring ebay for over a week now for those and you just pick them up for 30 dollars..

Want to sell for 100?? :c )
06-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,389
They haven't even arrived yet. Gotta play with them first.

06-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #20
Veteran Member
littledrawe's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Red Rock
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,514
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
the seller didn't have the best title so the keywords weren't working for searches people might do
This is how I got my DBG-4 battery grip, and I narrowly missed out on a package with an A*300mm f4 that went for under $500.00
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #21
Pentaxian
StephenHampshire's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winchester
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,168
My son got a set of PKA tubes on e-bay here in the UK for 24 - I share them with him and they work a treat.
06-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #22
Senior Member
wowtip's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West coast
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 257
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
My son got a set of PKA tubes on e-bay here in the UK for 24 - I share them with him and they work a treat.
Ebay seems to be the only option right now, unfortunately. I saw a Polish webshop had new ones of a no name brand a while ago, but they were in the 100-150 range somewhere, which is a bit too much for me.

I have been keeping an eye on ebay for a while, but only found a couple of items which were not 100% clear if PK or PKA. Do you know what brand the tubes were that your son bought?
06-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #23
Pentaxian
StephenHampshire's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winchester
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,168
QuoteOriginally posted by wowtip Quote
Ebay seems to be the only option right now, unfortunately. I saw a Polish webshop had new ones of a no name brand a while ago, but they were in the 100-150 range somewhere, which is a bit too much for me.

I have been keeping an eye on ebay for a while, but only found a couple of items which were not 100% clear if PK or PKA. Do you know what brand the tubes were that your son bought?
They are branded "Triplus" - Made in Japan, set of 36mm, 18mm and 9mm I think, the shorter two have no markings. They are branded for P/AF but they are NOT AF ones!

06-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
Senior Member
wowtip's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West coast
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 257
Original Poster
Thanks Stephen, I'll see if I can find a copy of that set.
06-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,389
Are there any true AF ones that have a motor drive screw gear? The Kenko Uniplus tube maybe? If you make them from TCs that have AF, that's an advantage, but still AF is not too important with extension tubes. I guess if you using it to shorten the minimum distance on a telephoto lens but the subject is still several feet away then it would be more useful, but with macro you generally need finer control.
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #26
Pentaxian
StephenHampshire's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winchester
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,168
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Are there any true AF ones that have a motor drive screw gear? The Kenko Uniplus tube maybe? If you make them from TCs that have AF, that's an advantage, but still AF is not too important with extension tubes. I guess if you using it to shorten the minimum distance on a telephoto lens but the subject is still several feet away then it would be more useful, but with macro you generally need finer control.
For full on macro, manual focus is the order of the day, or use a focus slide and some stacking software!
06-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
AF macro tubes would be like diesel-powered toenail clippers -- inappropriate in most cases.

Where I could use diesel-powered toenail clippers: to perform pedicures on dead elephants.

Where I could use AF macro extension: with a remote-controlled 12x20in field camera. Smile!
06-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #28
Senior Member
vicentesagredo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Concepcion
Posts: 100
sorry guys, i just won a $10(plus $15 shipping) 3 set of tubes on ebay and saw this threat after...
you better start camping on the bay...
06-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,389
QuoteOriginally posted by vicentesagredo Quote
sorry guys, i just won a $10(plus $15 shipping) 3 set of tubes on ebay and saw this threat after...
you better start camping on the bay...
With A contacts?
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #30
Senior Member
vicentesagredo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Concepcion
Posts: 100
yeah, with A contacts. we're not talking about the cheap chinese tubes
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use extension tubes? chinotenshi Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 12-18-2010 06:26 AM
Extension tubes Gary G Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 04-14-2010 06:28 PM
extension tubes keithbaran Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 02-25-2010 10:48 PM
Extension tubes axl Photographic Technique 9 12-19-2008 03:31 PM
Extension Tubes kpfeifle Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 2 02-29-2008 12:24 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top