Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Any other options besides O-ME53?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have the Kx, and am looking for options to get a bit of a boost out of the viewfinder. Are there any other options besides the O-ME53? I've seen some interesting flip-up ones on eBay, although who knows about quality. However, it doesn't list the Kx or K7 in fitment charts, so I'm hesitant to throw away $30.

09-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I remember many pentaxians regard the 1.3x KPS Eyepiece as a good alternative, It gives a bit more magnification too.

See for example eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen

It should definitely be found on UK/US eBay sites too...
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Is there any difference in what eyecup can fit on a Kx compared to a K20d, though?
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

AFAIK, there is only one type of viewfinder fit, that should be fitted to all bodies, at least K10/K20 and K-x/K-7.

see also: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/90759-can-i-use-pentax-k-x.html

or this https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/89652-kx-viewfinde...ification.html

09-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The KPS eyepieces are excellent, but I think they're too big in the mounting for the K-x.

The Tenpa version of similar seems to fit up, and appears to have equally-nice glass in it. (much smaller mounting.) I think one or two of the folks here are using that combo or have. (Hangu, maybe?)

There's a few big threads on the eyepiece topic, which haven't been brought up in a while, too, if you search on it.
09-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks. I have read those threads. I liked the idea of the flip magnifier for versitility; however, I suppose the ME53 is probably the best choice.
09-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
The KPS eyepieces are excellent, but I think they're too big in the mounting for the K-x.

The Tenpa version of similar seems to fit up, and appears to have equally-nice glass in it. (much smaller mounting.) I think one or two of the folks here are using that combo or have. (Hangu, maybe?)

There's a few big threads on the eyepiece topic, which haven't been brought up in a while, too, if you search on it.
I have the KPS eyepiece on my K20D. I previously had a Nikon 1.17x eyepiece on it. (The O-ME53 was out of stock everywhere when I ordered that...) - The 1.3x KPS is soooo much nicer than the 1.17x Nikon. IIRC the O-ME53 has about the same magnification as the Nikon - go for the KPS!